Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VOR/STB21's Training Camp Recap (Day 4)

CRobi21

The starters[OL] got beat by the starting D, the backup D, and the backups got beat by everybody. It was a miserable performance....He was going through read progressions all day, made some snappy throws, but never really went deep in 11-11 or 9-9 drills, because the defense was all over him....Thomas:.....I would like to see him stretch the field, all the routes were cut off, nothing down field, but he looks good.

STBonecrusher21 : Defense

VOR touched on it in his recap, how the OL isn't looking too sharp, but a cause of that may be due to the play of the D-Line.

Please tell me the 1st team OL isn't having trouble with the 2nd team DL?

If that is the case its good/bad.

Its good because there is depth along the DL.

It bad because the 1st team O should be able to execute vs the 2nd team D.

If we aren't able to throw deep during practice then how can we do it during games?

If we have to rely on 3-5 step drops JC and Zorn and the receiver have to be on their A games!

I hope Zorn finds a way to let the 1st team O work on the intermediate/deep passing game maybe against the 3rd team D lol?

They ran 3-4 counters, pulling either TEs, Ts, or Guards to lead the RB from a 2 TE set several times. I don't think it ever really worked, but the didn't really do that last year, so I'm happy they are trying it.

Do you remember if it was single back?

I think in the second Eagles game we ran some I-Form strong w/ TEs stacked and RB/FB an 1 WR.

I hope we see more of this formation.

e88dcf7385f86656

STB21 & VOR

Great job fellas

Archived