Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Training Camp VIP passes thru Gatorade

RabidFan

Anyone know what this entails? My friend at Safeway got himself and me a ticket for Saturday Aug 1st and we have someone to meet at the gate who will give us a badge to wear.

I have home chores to do(Painting over the weekend to be ready for next weekend family stay visits) and I was wondering if this was too good of a deal to pass up. I'd be happy with being under a tent with free Gatorades all day but have to paint this weekend and was wondering if there were more perks I haven't heard about that would make it valid to postpone painting until the afternoon.

Has anyone has this before and can tell me what it entails and if it would be worth it?

Thanks

Not that I'd rather paint, cumon now!!! It's that I have a timeline and with two kids under 6 you want to have weekend time with them and I only have 1 week.

Don't lead the witnesses. :)

I'm just asking if this is a sick proposition or just something average at best where i'd have the same fun going another weekend when I have no home chore timeline is all....Work with me.

You'd rather paint then drink free Gatorade under a cool tent while watching the 'Skins practice? Seriously?

Don't be silly.

He must have left something out in the OP.

I'm confident that he'll come back with, "Oh, I forgot to mention, I'll be painting my house. Well actually, two circus midgets will be painting my house comedically, while I'm being entertained by Megan Fox and Jessica Alba under the shade of a giant umbrella that moves with me, all while sitting down on a nice soft armchair drinking beer."

If you give blood on Saturday you can get a VIP pass.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Red_Cross_Blood_Drive_42994.jsp

Redskins - Red Cross Blood Drive

Redskins fans – Support your local team and your local Red Cross by making a life-saving blood donation!

The American Red Cross Greater Chesapeake and Potomac (GC&P) Blood Services Region and the Washington Redskins have teamed up for a special community blood drive on Saturday, Aug. 1 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Christian Fellowship Church in Ashburn, Va.

All blood drive participants will receive a FREE gift bag including:

* 2009 Redskins Yearbook

* Redskins Knit Cap

* Redskins Official Store Discount Coupon

* Access to a Red Cross VIP viewing area at Training Camp on Saturday, Aug. 1 or Sunday, Aug. 2 at 8:30 a.m.!

In addition, all participants will have the chance to win Redskins VIP ticket and tailgate packages and other great prizes!

This special event is by appointment ONLY.

For appointments call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE or visit www.my-redcross.org.

Who: The American Red Cross and Washington Redskins

What: A Redskins – Red Cross Blood Drive

When: Saturday, August 1, 2009

8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Where: Christian Fellowship Church

21673 Beaumeade Circle

Ashburn, VA 20147

Phone: 1-800-GIVE-LIFE

Web: www.my-redcross.org

The Redskins need YOUR help! SIGN UP TODAY!

If you give blood on Saturday you can get a VIP pass.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Red_Cross_Blood_Drive_42994.jsp

There are two different VIP areas, at least last year there were. One had food and drinks close to the Redskins building under tents and what not. The other VIP area was smack dab in the middle of the practice field sidelines and was endorsed by the VA Lottery.. that area sucked honestly, not even any chairs to sit down on lol food? yea right :hysterical: But i did manage to snap a few pics of Lindsay Zarniaks(sp?) ass when she stood right in front of me :)

Just signed up for Saturday then plan on using the VIP on Sunday.. Guess I'm going to make a weekend out of it.

Please let us know if those are the REAL VIP passes, or crappy ones in a different area other than under the tents close to the main building.

I'm guessing they will be the crappy ones because they list it as "VIP viewing area" and dont mention food or drinks

Please let us know if those are the REAL VIP passes, or crappy ones in a different area other than under the tents close to the main building, thanks

I'll let everyone know.. I might be training camped out by then. I'm going tomorrow, then saturday and then again Sunday with that pass. You would think that if you donate blood they would give you a better then out in BFE. I just want a few autographs and a some pics.

I'll let everyone know.. I might be training camped out by then. I'm going tomorrow, then saturday and then again Sunday with that pass. You would think that if you donate blood they would give you a better then out in BFE. I just want a few autographs and a some pics.

Yea the VA Lottery was doing a promotion last year and had a tent set up just after you walked in over the little wooden bridge/walkway to the left, they were advertising VIP passes, so i got in line and got one.. boy was I disappointed LOL

Damn i might go up in the morning as well now, the itch is back!

Yea the VA Lottery was doing a promotion last year and had a tent set up just after you walked in over the little wooden bridge/walkway to the left, they were advertising VIP passes, so i got in line and got one.. boy was I disappointed LOL

I havent gone since I was a kid and it was at Dickinson. I'm actually working all night then a buddy and I are driving from Andrews AFB. I spent a year in Korea to be stationed close to my family and my football team.. Hopefully the VIP thing is there tomorrow so I can see what I signed up for. By the way how is parking setup?? I already think its gonna be a nightmare can you confirm?

I havent gone since I was a kid and it was at Dickinson. I'm actually working all night then a buddy and I are driving from Andrews AFB. I spent a year in Korea to be stationed close to my family and my football team.. Hopefully the VIP thing is there tomorrow so I can see what I signed up for. By the way how is parking setup?? I already think its gonna be a nightmare can you confirm?

Parking/traffic is fine unless its fan appreciation day, or the team scrimmage day.

You'll hit more traffic in the morning on 495 than you will around training camp tomorrow.. if i go i'm leaving at like 5am to miss traffic and hit ihop near TC :) If you leave after 6am, expect to hit some traffic, the later you leave the more you'll hit from Andrews, im not far from there

Parking/traffic is fine unless its fan appreciation day, or the team scrimmage day.

You'll hit more traffic in the morning on 495 than you will around training camp tomorrow.. if i go i'm leaving at like 5am to miss traffic and hit ihop near TC :) If you leave after 6am, expect to hit some traffic, the later you leave the more you'll hit from Andrews, im not far from there

Yeah don't wanna leave that late just working the night shift. Hoping to get on 495 and miss all the BS Maryland/DC traffic. I looked at the schedule and decided I wanna skip fan appreciation day, or the team scrimmage day. I figured it would be a mad house those days. Do I have a good chance at getting some good autographs going tomorrow?? I do plan on leaving at 5am both Sat and Sun though

Ohh by the way I am interested in those tickets you have for the Pats game.

There are two different VIP areas, at least last year there were. One had food and drinks close to the Redskins building under tents and what not. The other VIP area was smack dab in the middle of the practice field sidelines and was endorsed by the VA Lottery.. that area sucked honestly, not even any chairs to sit down on lol food? yea right :hysterical: But i did manage to snap a few pics of Lindsay Zarniaks(sp?) ass when she stood right in front of me :)

It appears to be a separate one, because it says a "Red Cross viewing area."

Yes I was so disappointed last year too w/ the VA lotto VIP area. We were @ the end of the field near the damn bushes and barely got autographs at the end...LOL

They are NOT the same. I confirmed this through an email conversation with a representative from Redskins.com as well as someone through the blood drive itself. There will be a "viewing area" available to those that gave blood so I think this means its the same as the VA Lottery last year.

I had to miss the event this morning....here is why...

Hey guys I just wanted to let you know that Abby got hurt bad yesterday. We got a call from her Daycare around 3:45 saying that she fell on the playground monkey bars and might have broken her arm. We went to pick her up and it was swollen so we took her to Prince William Hospital where they took some Xrays and confirmed a break. She also was throwing up a lot so they did a Head CT scan and luckily that was all clear so no concussion or other damage. They think the vomiting stemmed from a combination of pain, duress, and the morphine they gave her. The Xrays show a significant break which would require surgery, so they set up an ambulance ride for me and her to be transported to Fairfax Inova hospital around 8pm last night as they have one of the best children’s Orthopedic Surgeons in the area. They immolized her arm in a splint for transport and we headed to INova.

We go there and were admitted to their ER and took two more Xrays for their surgeon so he could see them from home and they scheduled us for surgery at 745am this morning. Kristen and I both stayed with her in the hospital last night and Kristen went into the OR with her until she fell asleep. The break was right about the elbow in the upper arm humerus bone. They were able to avoid an incision and put three diagonal pins using and Xray to reconnect her elbow to the humerus bone and put her in a splint with a sling. She came out of her operation and for two hours we were in Post Op until she woke up and was doing better from being put under during the procedure. She is now back in her room from last night and the Dr. should be checking on her this afternoon and if all is well(her pain is ok and manageable, circulation is good in her fingers(which it is now), they determine that her bone is set in place without any shifting(this is important due to her growth plate is in that same area and she will need follow ups to make sure it is growing/extending/hanging/pointing in line with her other arm(this will take several follow ups over some time), she will be discharged this afternoon and home with us tonite. We will go back on Wed of next week to get the pins removed and have a hard cast put on for the next four weeks….she gets her choice of color which of course is pi nk but the Dr. told her of Tie Dye and Glow in the Dark as being available too.

I came home just now to shower then go back and relieve Kristen as Abby is sleeping after such a long night and stressful event. She has been so brave and strong during this and I can’t tell you how proud we are of her and happy that she is seeming to come out of this healthy and with her usual great attitude. I just wanted to let you all know so if you heard from one person or another you’d get the whole scoop at once.

*Note to parents, every damn nurse and Dr we have met have said that they see these same elbow and arm breaks ALL coming from monkey bar incidents….the Dr actually worked on 3 kids last night alone and the ambulance driver had transported 2 others to other hospitals that day. I told Abby no more for now and she isn’t fighting me..LOL

A very stressful day and night Thursday and yesterday as well as this morning but our brave lil girl seems to be more than up to the task. She watched CSN Training Camp Daily and Redskins Nation Weekend today with me.....I'm a lucky man....to think painting was my worry 2 days ago....

Archived