Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Car Warranty

H-O-G

Ok, so I was watching ESPN this morning and saw a commercial for this company that offers warranties on cars. I personally drive a 97 honda civic with a little over 100,000 miles. I still got good life left in my car, although its getting to the point where I'm scared something with the transmission or something big will go out and my repair costs will outweigh the value of the car. I went to the website and it was all legit. I ended up paying a $100 down payment. and I will pay $41/month for 24 months. This will give me 5 years/100,000 mile warranty on the engine and transmission with no deductable and I can take it to any honda dealership for the repairs.

this was the site --> http://www.stoprepairbills.com/

Let me know what you guys think.....

Google the company. Looks like they get your deposit up front. Send you a contract that has completely different terms than promised, then won't let you have your deposit back. Consumer sites say any company that won;t let you view the contract before signing are shady.

Well I saw the commercial on ESPN, so I first figured the company seems pretty legit. Its not like I saw it on some random channel at 3am last night. So that was the first thing.

I filled out the info for a quote and the represenative called me. It does seem a little too good to be true, but then again its only $40 a month for me...I wouldn't be angry if the company went under or whatever, its only $10 a week. Basically, I have to wait 90 days before I can have them cover anything, so that I didn't call them this morning with a transmission already not working and just trying to get it covered....

I'll just have to see how it all works out.

Archived