Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis Wallpaper

Guys that wall is absolutely insane...what filter did you use on the portis layer to give it that grainy look? The same effect was used on the Portis Breakout (TV) pic as well... I believe. I don't know exactly what to call it, but it almost looks like an "aged" effect where the yellows are pulled out more to give it an oldtime look to it. I would love to use that effect in my wallpapers...

Thanks,

Matt

bump anyone? LCSF or Soup please?

Sorry, i couldn't get to you sooner I was out of town. Its a program that Left uses to get the picture like that. The program is called Lucis something but you'll have to pay for it. But, you there is a broke man's verison.

. Select your stock.

. Duplicate your stock name it layer 2

. Desature duplicated stock (layer 2).

. Apply the effect. Filter > Other > High Pass (10-30%)

. Set the layer2 to HardLight.

. If you feel it's neccasary. Sharpen your first original stock.

You might have to mess around with the settings to get it the way you want but that is basically the way. The program is better though

Sorry, i couldn't get to you sooner I was out of town. Its a program that Left uses to get the picture like that. The program is called Lucis something but you'll have to pay for it. But, you there is a broke man's verison.

. Select your stock.

You might have to mess around with the settings to get it the way you want but that is basically the way. The program is better though

Hey man, that is my secret weapon. You can't give away a secret like that. JK. The filter is called Topaz. The company Topaz makes several different filters/plug-ins so have fun looking around.

Hey man, that is my secret weapon. You can't give away a secret like that. JK. The filter is called Topaz. The company Topaz makes several different filters/plug-ins so have fun looking around.

You're using topaz sharping too???

When?

Besides he still has to work around with the setting to get it right. but I'm not paying for that program

. Select your stock.

hmm, never tried that before. just did that, looks retty nice,

but what i like to do more is set your first layer to multiply,

duplicate the layer

and set the top layer to overlay...

im doing a side by side comparison right now, and i like the mult/over kinda look

hmm, never tried that before. just did that, looks retty nice,

but what i like to do more is set your first layer to multiply,

duplicate the layer

and set the top layer to overlay...

im doing a side by side comparison right now, and i like the mult/over kinda look

Are you sure you're doing it right??? Maybe you're using an entire picture, instead of a cut out. The guy asked how we gave portis that effect. Don't do it to the entire picture.

These are my results, as you can see the hard light gives it that effect he questioned about. But the program that left has is better.

Sorry LeFt I should have just kept my mouth shut...my bad man.

ShowOFF.gif

Are you sure you're doing it right??? Maybe you're using an entire picture, instead of a cut out. The guy asked how we gave portis that effect. Don't do it to the entire picture.

These are my results, as you can see the hard light gives it that effect he questioned about. But the program that left has is better.

Sorry LeFt I should have just kept my mouth shut...my bad man.

No worries, I have other secret weapons at my disposal.

Archived