Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Goodell & Vick to meet soon

SWFLSkins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4346486

Apparently set to meet this week and discuss his return just as teams get ready to start camps. Soctt Van Pelt talking about protestors at the ready with signs to protest any team's camp.

The lead in.....

While NFL commissioner Roger Goodell would not define Tuesday what "near future" meant in terms of a decision on suspended quarterback Michael Vick, sources say that a meeting with Vick could take place by Thursday or Friday, likely resulting in a conditional reinstatement next week.

Under a scenario involving conditional reinstatement, Goodell would reserve the right to extend or further define Vick's indefinite suspension but allow him to attend training camp if he is signed with an NFL team, sources said. A conclusive reinstatement, or additional suspension, for the 2009 season would be expected before Sept. 1, the first mandatory date for roster cuts.

So much for Goodell's "get tough" stance. :doh:

Hail.

Did you read the article, or just the misleading title? Its about Goodell meeting with him sometime soon, and coming to a decision sometime soon. No one knows what that decision will be.

I will say- that title is very very misleading. I thought when we posted an article we had to format the title a certain way. For example wouldn't this one be ESPN.com: Goodell, Vick could meet this week.

Meeting this week and saying Vick will play soon are pretty far apart.

Edit: Looks like title was updated...

Did you read the article, or just the misleading title?

[i]---------------------Sorry about that, changed it. Scott van whatever was eluding that espn's Mort let on that it was just about a done deal. [/i]Its about Goodell meeting with him sometime soon, and coming to a decision sometime soon. No one knows what that decision will be.

Archived