Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality Check For The New Season

Gregpeck99

Invest in Verizon or AT&T  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Invest in Verizon or AT&T

Can I assume you'll not be running for D.C. mayor in the near future?

Otherwise, it's WAY too early for the biting criticisms.

Give the lads at least another 4 or 5 weeks....

Grumbling is essential especially if you are a life-long Skins fan ... please do not rain on my parade.:eaglesuckMVMG:eaglesuck

we need help a lb and help oline.we have some peices but as usual the front office has ignored a position or two or three.oline will kill any thought of a competitive season if they can't get a unit to stand together and bond.our lb crew is light.mcintosh is great if he can stay healthy,fletcher the same with the added need for rest toward the end of the season. the other lb is in need of help. the rppkies may amke something of themselves in time but not now. make a trade or get a fa in here for a starter and depth.i don't know if dj hackett is enough, i really believe that one of our wr's from last needs to stand up.i also feel the orakpo needs to keep his hand in the dirt, forget this lb play.but we will probably go on just as we are.anyone think that if someone lets someone go that we can use they will pick up?this draft and offseason could have handled better, what else is new right?i hope i'm wrong it is just one game but they just seemed lost out here.not a team but a bunch of individuals.

Can I assume you'll not be running for D.C. mayor in the near future?

Otherwise, it's WAY too early for the biting criticisms.

Give the lads at least another 4 or 5 weeks....

You're right. We've been so good for so long. One bad pre-season game doesn't matter.

Oh wait, I just put down the cool-aid and looked at our record for the last 10 years. We're 76-84. But hey, 4 or 5 more weeks will get it all straighten out. :doh:

Who knows what the season will bring. I am optimistic. Did anyone think we would be 6-2at the start of last year with all of our division games on the road? If we had beaten Cincinatti and or St. Louis, we would have made the playoffs. Who knows what would have happened. We did afterall beat the NFC champs last year.

You're right. We've been so good for so long. One bad pre-season game doesn't matter.

Oh wait, I just put down the cool-aid and looked at our record for the last 10 years. We're 76-84. But hey, 4 or 5 more weeks will get it all straighten out. :doh:

Interesting choice of screen name for a guy worried about the last 10 years. Just saying. :doh:

Interesting choice of screen name for a guy worried about the last 10 years. Just saying. :doh:

Born a skins fan, 1961, and I'll die a skins fan. I'm just not going to pretend they're better than they are. I'm still gonna root for them and hope they win and all that. It's just that after 10 years of snyderatto I'm about ready to barf up a lot of Kool-Aid

Born a skins fan, 1961, and I'll die a skins fan. I'm just not going to pretend they're better than they are. I'm still gonna root for them and hope they win and all that. It's just that after 10 years of snyderatto I'm about ready to barf up a lot of Kool-Aid

How about growing up as a kid then? Must have stained alot of shirts over the years, huh?

Don't pretend they are better than they are, ever. But realize they are not that bad, and with a bit of luck they could compete, this year. There are some really good position battles going on as we speak. We as fans don't even know who the QB will end up being. Maybe you should just barf up and get over your motion sickness that comes with being a fan these days.

Good news, JC short leash, Vinnie not much longer leash.

our last preseason game last season we lost 42-3 to the panthers and then we went 6-2 after the first 8 games. We have also lost all 4 preseason games the 3 times we won the superbowl. just sayin :)

while its true the team started 6-2 they basically did it with no passing offense. Clinton ran wild and the defense played great and kept teams to less that 17 points or very little. Then the running game dried up and there was still no passing game so the team fell apart.

It is not important if the Skins win games in preseason, but it is vital, I say VITAL, that Campbell get it together and stop missing open receivers. When a guy is wide open he needs to hit him. No excuses. If he can't do it then the Skins will lose and Zorn deserves to be replaced by Cower because Zorn can see the same things that I am seeing.

2. The only players on Skins that possibly would be picked up by another team: Brennan, Samuels, Dockery, Cooley, Orakpo, Jarmon, Moss, Rogers, Hall, Landry, Moore and Fletcher.

Wow, I think that you might have left some names off of this list.

Off the top of my head

1) Haynesworth

2) Portis

3) Horton

4) Macintosh

5) Sellers

6) The Red Snapper Ethan Albright

7) Griffin

8) HB Blades

9) Kelly

10) Thomas

11) Carter

12) Smoot

13) Davis

14) Reed Doughty

15) Kareem Moore

16) Randle El

17) Barnes

18) Hunter the Punter

I think that you would find it difficult to debate any of these names for making a team roster. The other thing that should be pointed out is that no offensive linemen were added.

You doomed yourself with this post Greg. You forgot the most important rule.

Only start bemoaning our team after the halfway point of the season, at which point many of us will possibly join you.

NEVER EVER DURING JULY AND AUGUST, THOSE ARE THE BEST MONTHS OF THE YEAR FOR US!!!!!!!!;)

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

you should try standup

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregpeck99

The combination of Campbell, Portis, and existing uni spells "loser."

The combination of Colt, Betts, and new unis spells "renaissance."

you should try standup

HE did, that's why he is here... . :hysterical: :applause: :hysterical: :applause: :hysterical:

Archived