Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most improved player in 2009

Mahons21

Cornelius Griffin

I don't know about anyone else, but when healthy I think Griffin is a top 10 DT. Injuries and double teams cause him to disappear at times (still making an impact by taking up blockers, but isn't noticed). With the addition of Haynesworth, Griffin can put up unbelievable numbers if he can stay healthy.

Good point.

Orakpo blitzing from the SAM, Philip Daniels at LDE, Griffin DT, Haynesworth DT, Carter RDE.

Someone is gonna have a beast year...

i don't see how teams are gonna block our 5 with their 6 OL+TE/RB without their QB taking a beating.

Phillip Daniels... at 57 years old and coming off of a season where he led the team in TKLs (torn knee ligaments), he is poised for a breakout year. I can understand why nobody in the front office thinks it's a problem that this is who we have penciled in to hold down the left defensive end position.

I'm gonna guess Fred Davis. Early on in the camps everyone was saying how hard he was working to show the staff he was ready and put last year behind him. I think him and Cooley are gonna be an awesome 1 2 punch this season while our recievers continue to develop.

Archived