Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Devin Thomas and Fred Davis signing today

Some things on E.S. never change. Sigh.

Despite the fact the guys are only in their 2nd year,they are Redskins and they do have fans,(whether because of they are Redskins,who they are or both doesn't matter). So they get a signing gig. Good p.r., and getting their names out there. If they do succeed with the Redskins,it's also a good way to ensure some money comes in from future marketing and such. Not a bad idea either.

I didn't mean to come across as a jerk, but these are relatively new guys in the NFL. I understand to get the big Skins names to the store is great PR and a great marketing tool, but to charge $20 for an autograph is a bit much IMO. Sure, if it's JC, Clinton, Santana, Cooley, etc. I understand. These guys are worth paying money to have memorabilia signed. However, Guys like Devin Thomas and Fred really haven't justified the price tag. Just my opinion.

if the money is going to charity its fine.

Agreed.

I don't see how they couldn't just sign for free. Lord knows they don't personally need the money. I know if it was me, I'd sign autographs for free. But I also realize, who the hell would want MY autograph? :silly:

Archived