Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NASCAR gave Carl Long the death sentence

SC_RedskinsFan

Please. Cry me a river. Carl Long needed to move on with his life several years ago. He lived the dream for a while and that is more than most drivers get to experience.

I am really kinda surprised by your reaction Ken. Who are we to tell somebody to give up on a dream? :whoknows:

When they put the hammer down on Robbie Gordon it was overturned, and if this also gets overturned, which may or may not happen, what does that tell you about their rules and how they choose to enforce them? I cannot wait till a big driver screws up now. $300,000 16 race suspension and 300 points? That will never happen. To much $$$$$ at stake. They cannot suspend a big name for that long. Not with the trouble NASCAR is having with sponsers as it is.

On another note i have been thinking about a drivers union. I really think it would be a great idea. Drivers need somebody to stickup for them against the NASCAR machine. Im sure NASCAR would not agree with me but the drivers would. An owner can only do so much since they are under the same rules as the drivers.

We need change. :silly:

Did anyone catch Kasey Kahne's interview the other night on Nascar Now? Anyway, they were at his new racing shop and the guy asked him what he felt about the Mayfield thing and if he had a problem with Nascar's testing policy. He goes something like: "Not me, I don't put anything but normal food in my body and Budweiser"...:hysterical:

I am really kinda surprised by your reaction Ken. Who are we to tell somebody to give up on a dream? :whoknows:

\

I'm not totally surprised by his reaction. I mean alot better drivers than Carl Long have realized that its time to move on. If Michael Waltrip thinks its time do go in another direction, you'd think Long would have already figured it out.

Ok, I look forward to several cars taking two laps at the beginning and parking it for the day - or night.

Well what does that tell you about the state of the sport when those cars make the field? If his car is good enough to make the field what is the problem? Maybe we could have 43 competitive cars if it did not cost 20 million bucks to run a team for the year and have a shot at winning. Maybe they need to shrink the field to 35 cars?? Then there would not be that issue. I dunno.

And from what i know of Carl was not that type of racer. He damn sure is not in it for the money, unlike some of our sports superstars are.

What part of stating my position did you not understand?

Yes, some teams qualify just good enough to make some money. Blaney made the race this week - enjoy his first few laps.

I am done with this now cause its not looking pretty.

I usually look forward to seeing your views on stuff and discussing it Ken, i dont know if your having a bad day or what.

I KNEW he was the same brad!!

i had no clue he was a good ol boy or nascar fan. i like seeing it and the guy does seem pretty knowledgable.

Yeah, Brad's been involved in racing for a long time. And yeah, he's pretty knowledgeable, too. Well spoken. All that. You can usually catch him during the pre-race shows for the Nationwide races on ESPN/ABC.

About the only flaw, if you even can call it that, about him is that he NEVER will say a bad thing about a driver or owner or really anyone in the sport. But that's more of him just being a super-nice guy than anything else.

I am done with this now cause its not looking pretty.

I usually look forward to seeing your views on stuff and discussing it Ken, i dont know if your having a bad day or what.

I just don't feel the need to state my position over and over and over again. You don't like it, but that doesn't bother me. I respect your opinion and you are entitled to it. If you don't respect mine, then don't expect me to lose any sleep over it. It is what it is.

I really want Toyota out and I dont want any other foreign cars brought in.

Why? The COTs all look alike, regardless of manufacturer.

42EnergizerUltimateLithium42.jpg4436.jpg

Must be the engines. Detroit iron! Wait, they look just alike, too. The belt configuration is the same, the same high-rise intake, double-pumper carb, and everything. With the regs being so tight, the regs build the engine for you. Ditto the body, chassis, etc.

07_r07_engineondyno1.jpgpimg-1093546032-519926.jpg

NASCAR is heading toward being a "spec" series, similar to IndyCar where all the chassis are made by a single company (in Indy it's Dallara) and a single engine (Honda). They are almost there now.

Ok, I look forward to several cars taking two laps at the beginning and parking it for the day - or night.

I read about this a while back. WTF? Truly shocking that any sanctioning body can/will let this kind of thing go on. Also the amount of slots that are locked in without qualifying well seems high. 30 spots locked down out of 43? Much like the situation with Mr. Long, NASCAR is keeping down the little guys here, too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/motorsports/the_quitting_game_sport

Archived