Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn Plays Madden its the Only Possible Explanation some of our Drills

x96bryan10

http://blog.redskins.com/2009/05/04/on-the-field-for-practice-5-4/#continued

In the article they had this snippet :

An interesting drill I hadn't seen before had the quarterbacks deliberately throwing interceptions to the linebackers, with the linebackers having to recognize which stationary receiver the quarterback was throwing to and leap to intercept. During the span I was watching, Rocky McIntosh made it look easy, Chris Wilson did well, and Alfred Fincher came up just short....

Now i dunno what you visualize when you read this but I envision something incredibly similar to the Swat Ball Drill on Madden Franchise mode. In which you control a defender and basically cover 4+ stationary targets from catching passes....

Another one in the game which i know is already famous in its own right is the QB drill where they throw the balls while they try to scramble and make their throws.......

Which isnt as similar to the drill in madden Pocket Presence but still very close , where tennis balls are shot towards the qb while he scrambles to make a read and throw the ball.

And the 2 of them together is very fishy....

I dont really believe it's a bad idea the concepts behind the drills are sound.

Hey and if all else fails we can still put 2 agility points on Rocky Mcintosh!!!! :silly:

Isn't it possible that....you know.....the game got the drill from the real thing? At least I'm pretty sure real life football came before Madden.

Yes obviously that is completely true but if its all been done before why is it a big deal when Zorn does it. I don't see very many articles being written about people hitting a sled or 7'son7's but the articles i've read were almost always followed by comments of having never saw it done before

Isn't it possible that....you know.....the game got the drill from the real thing? At least I'm pretty sure real life football came before Madden.

Madden made the game based on real life so everything in Madden should be do able. Ok maybe not everything - like making Tom Brady your QB.

Madden is currently updating his game with all the other wacky drills Zorn has well -like the slip and slide.

The only thing that concerns me is does it work. Hopefully it does. Lord knows we need that pocket presence drill with our Oline.

I love posts like these. Why so concerned man?

You don't have to do anything but sleep and eat until the season starts and watch it all pan out brother. There ain't nothing to worry about, this is just all fun.

P.S. Rocky is the ****in' man.

The drill sounds simple but also does 2 things: gives the Linebackers the ability to read and react to the QB and it also teaches the QB to look off defenders. I'd go with something else, but if it works, you'll see 10 other teams try it next season.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wonder if the NFL thought of the QB position because of Madden... or even the Superbowl!:hysterical:

Archived