Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last summer

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

This is mainly for you post college grads on this board but I think its a good topic. Do you guys remember what you did your "last summer" off? I.E the last summer before you graduated high school or college and had to start working full time the next summer. I am just curious because this is my "last summer" and I am running a paint business while spending most of my days relaxing and working out. I also hope to make a return trip to Barcelona at the end of the summer.

My last summer off was in high school after my senior year. My college summers were spent interning and working at newspapers. During my free summer I played basketball every day, got laid by four different girls, my first real solid stretch :), played poker three nights a week and just chilled. Best time of my life until I did all that DURING the school year in college :).

He was born at Parris Island

The Land that God forgot

The sand is 18 inches deep

The sun is blazing hot

His uniform is different

than any you've ever seen

The Germans called him DEVIL DOG

His title is MARINE

Yeah, theres something exciting but bittersweet about that summer after graduation. I had a blast...managed a gas station near Old Town Alexandria in the evenings, hit Georgetown and DC every night. Made for some rough wakeup calls. Funny memory, I get a call one evening at the station, some lady with Luther Vandross playing in the background. 'I was just by there, and let me tell you I was very impressed' she purred. Being 18, I had no clever seductive replies in my arsenal. 'Oh' I snappily retorted. 'I own a modelling agency. I'd like to fly you and I up to NY this weekend and do some test shoots. What do you say'. 'Uhh....I don't know...I still live with my parents'. Then I hung up.

She called me at home the next day. This time Barry White in the background. Mom, who had her spidey-senses tingling, answered the phone...'Who is THIS?'....Again the offer to fly in her private jet to NY. 'He is ONLY 18 years old so I don't think he'll be flying anywhere with.....'

I often wonder whether it was the Promised Land ('Stiffler's MOM!') that awaited me in NY. Then again, it might have been a snuff film and a well endowed Saint Bernard.

Thanks Mom.

my last summer "off" was between my freshman and sophomore years in college. spent my time lifeguarding (that doesn't count as work...trust me), working out, and getting laid by old high school friends who were "liberated" in college. ahhh, the memories...

My last summer off was after grammer school. If I wasn't riding, I was bass fishing. The end of the summer was spent for the most part, training for soccer tryouts. My parents couldn't keep up with my motorcycle habit at that point (money makes the wheels go round) so I had to work to pay for my toys while in high school.

Archived