Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb to Terrel Owens...

KirkNC

A scary thought!

On the Rome show Owens said while enjoying playing with Garcia he would really like to play with a strong armed QB, either Manning or McNabb. He is am unristricted free agent next year and the Eagles would have the cap space it seems. The battles between Champ and Owens would be classic!

I would love to see Owens in a Redskins uniform, but I think it would be bad for team chemistry. I like the squad we have. Champ is more important to us than Owens. Our offense is designed to spread the football via in the air or short dump off passes to the backs coming out the back field. I would love to see him, and with Dan anything is possible. But I've had my fill of vets from other teams, even one as talented as Owens.

I doubt he'd end up in Indy but imagine Harrison and Owens on the same team, with Manning tossing them the ball. Wow! For all you fantasy players I think Manning would have to become the #1 QB drafted by far.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

I would love to see Owens in a Redskins uniform, but I think it would be bad for team chemistry. I like the squad we have. Champ is more important to us than Owens. Our offense is designed to spread the football via in the air or short dump off passes to the backs coming out the back field. I would love to see him, and with Dan anything is possible. But I've had my fill of vets from other teams, even one as talented as Owens.

Yeah anything is possible with Dan the dwarf at the helm. Year 2000 is a prime example and look how far he got y'all. He build his team to be a show pony only to get dissapointed in the end.

2003 Giants sweeps Redskins:laugh:

Originally posted by Toomer81
Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

He build his team to be a show pony only to get dissapointed in the end.

1st off - if you are going to talk smack - at least make sense. Secondly, please refer to Giants history the past 12 years.

Giants...

1990 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

1991 - Missed playoffs

1992 - Missed playoffs

1993 - Playoffs

1994 - Missed playoffs

1995 - Missed playoffs

1996 - Missed playoffs

1997 - Playoffs

1998 - Missed playoffs

1999 - Missed playoffs

2000 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

2001 - Missed playoffs

2002 - Playoffs

2003 - ?????

Will recent history prevail? Will the jizzants fail to make the playoffs? Stay tuned.

Originally posted by Bush League Bufford

the Eagles could of had David Boston and didn't budge.

Why would they do this move?

Because unlike Boston - Owens isn't one strike from being banned in the NFL.

Owens is a gimme gimme athlete (like Keyshawn). The difference between Meshawn and Owens though - is that Owens is faster and stronger (and a hell of a lot better, IMHO).

Correct me if I am wrong - but didnt the Skins try to pry Owens away 3-4 years ago with the offer of 2 #1's?

Owens would make sense for Filthadelphia - which means it won't happen.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

1st off - if you are going to talk smack - at least make sense. Secondly, please refer to Giants history the past 12 years.

Giants...

1990 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

1991 - Missed playoffs

1992 - Missed playoffs

1993 - Playoffs

1994 - Missed playoffs

1995 - Missed playoffs

1996 - Missed playoffs

1997 - Playoffs

1998 - Missed playoffs

1999 - Missed playoffs

2000 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

2001 - Missed playoffs

2002 - Playoffs

2003 - ?????

Will recent history prevail? Will the jizzants fail to make the playoffs? Stay tuned.

Hey if you look at how we did the past 13 years we spent no longer than 3 years without making the playoffs. Let's see can you say the same thing? Let's take a look.

1990 - Playoffs

1991 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

1992 - Playoffs

1993 - Missed playoffs

1994 - Missed playoffs

1995 - Missed playoffs

1996 - Missed playoffs

1997 - Missed playoffs

1998 - Missed playoffs

1999 - Playoffs

2000 - Missed playoffs

2001 - Missed playoffs

2002 - Missed playoffs

2003 - ???????

I think I prove my point.

Why because the Giants made the playoffs two more times in the past 10 years?

Neither is something to crow about - the Skins have pitifully missed the playoffs a lot.

What he didnt answer is why the Giants have followed up every playoff season since 1990 with a missed playoffs season.

He didnt answer if this is a legit fear or just dumb bad luck...

He didn't answer why his smack talking prowess was seriously hindered by his ability to write coherent sentences.

No offense - but neither team since 1993 is anything to write home about - including the fraud team that the Giants put up in 2000 that was exposed (mercifully) in the Super Bowl beatdown.

Hey if you look at how we did the past 13 years we spent no longer than 3 years without making the playoffs. Let's see can you say the same thing? Let's take a look.

1990 - Playoffs

1991 - Playoffs - Super Bowl

1992 - Playoffs

1993 - Missed playoffs

1994 - Missed playoffs

1995 - Missed playoffs

1996 - Missed playoffs

1997 - Missed playoffs

1998 - Missed playoffs

1999 - Playoffs

2000 - Missed playoffs

2001 - Missed playoffs

2002 - Missed playoffs

2003 - ???????

I think I prove my point.

Redskins Super Bowl titles:THREE

Giants Super Bowl Titles:TWO

I think I made MY point :silly:

Owens would make sense for Filthadelphia - which means it won't happen.

Unfortunately, TEG, you are probably correct.

There's no way they'd go after Boston - too much of an off the field troublemaker. I don't think they'd go after Owens either - too much money and too much of a perceived distraction.

But wouldn't he look good in midnight green? :D

Midnight Green? I thought that was crabgrass green. :laugh:

People usually talk about Spurrier when they mention ego's but Reid's is so big that he said this offseason they he doesn't need any upgrade at WR.

So, no Owen. I COULD see him going to Indy though.

Originally posted by Bush League Bufford

People usually talk about Spurrier when they mention ego's but Reid's is so big that he said this offseason they he doesn't need any upgrade at WR.

So, no Owen. I COULD see him going to Indy though.

Can't disagree with that, BLB. As far as I'm concerned, it's time for Reid to s*** or get off the pot (sorry for that image :D ). He's built an acknowledged elite team in today's league. If they can't get over the hump soon, it's time for a change - in the front office and at the top. Both are Reid's responsibility.

TEG:

Would you rather have a chance to be in the superbowl or stay home and watch? though the Giants lost to the ravens, at least they were there and they had a chance. its only after the fact (in hindsight) that you can say they were frauds, if the giants would have won then everyone here would be calling the ravens a fraud. th goal is to be in the playoffs and contend, beause you never know what will happen in the playoffs.

Man, I can't even imagine how scary the '04 Colts would be with a trio like Owens, Harrison, and Manning, (if James comes back to his old form that would be like Indy is cheating Sosa-style).

If that happens, and Dungy gets the D in shape like you know he can, I'd say that's game over for the rest of the AFC....glad they're not in our conference.

Originally posted by shawn

TEG:

Would you rather have a chance to be in the superbowl or stay home and watch? though the Giants lost to the ravens, at least they were there and they had a chance. its only after the fact (in hindsight) that you can say they were frauds, if the giants would have won then everyone here would be calling the ravens a fraud. th goal is to be in the playoffs and contend, beause you never know what will happen in the playoffs.

Good question. I know what losing a one sided SB feels like - Raiders in '84. It invalidated a big season for the Skins (IMHO).

Your right though, IMHO, that its better to go and lose in the playoffs (or SB) than not to go.

Why because the Giants made the playoffs two more times in the past 10 years?

Neither is something to crow about - the Skins have pitifully missed the playoffs a lot.

What he didnt answer is why the Giants have followed up every playoff season since 1990 with a missed playoffs season.

He didnt answer if this is a legit fear or just dumb bad luck...

He didn't answer why his smack talking prowess was seriously hindered by his ability to write coherent sentences.

No offense - but neither team since 1993 is anything to write home about - including the fraud team that the Giants put up in 2000 that was exposed (mercifully) in the Super Bowl beatdown.

If memory serves me correct, you guys followed up the 1999 playoff season by missing it altogether the following year. As to why I didn't answer your question as to why we didn't the the playoffs following a playoff year, you never did ask that question in the first place. The answer to that is we usually lose players to FA or some key player is hurt. I'm just giving reasons not excuses.

BTW I had an english teacher proofread my last response to you and she said the only mistake I made in my coherent sentences was I should've put a period instead of a question mark. Don't worry I honestly think you guys will go 10-6 this year and make the playoffs as a wild-card team. Ease up buddy it's not that serious.:laugh:

BTW I had an english teacher proofread my last response to you and she said the only mistake I made in my coherent sentences was I should've put a period instead of a question mark.

He build his team to be a show pony only to get dissapointed in the end.

:rolleyes:

That said - good luck to the GMEN. Maybe they will break their recent curse...as long as the Iggles/Cryboys aren't leading the division :cheers:

Archived