Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Drafting Sanchez could mirror Brown's QB situation

SkinsAllDay34

First, I would like to say that I am NOT in favor of drafting Sanchez.

We have too many needs to draft a QB at 13, and it would be worse if we TRADED UP to get him.

That said...i was thinking and if we did draft Sanchez at 13 (if he fell), could it not mirror what happened in Cleveland?

They drafted Quinn not being sold with Derek Anderson, they thought they had their franchise guy in Quinn.

Anderson, in a contract year if i remember, had a Pro Bowl season, and Quinn never got time at QB his rookie year. Now the next year after DA got paid, he did not do so hot, Quinn got some time but did not blow anybody away. He had a good game against Denver, yeah Denver.

Now what happened after I am not saying but, all I am saying is it could really make for an interesting situation here in DC. I am hoping JC if Sanchez did get drafted, to have a pro bowl year and lead the team to the playoffs.

Hopefully we dont have to come to what Cleveland is facing with a QB controversy, and not draft Sanchez in the first place, and JC has a pro bowl year just off his motivation from the Cutler talks.

Well just thought I would put that out there.

Well, it could also mirror San Diego's QB situation when they gave up on Brees and drafted Rivers. Brees then put it all together and in the end they let him go.

Course, I don't think we need to go that far to get a good performance out of Campbell. He has plenty of incentive to do well this season.

Well, it could also mirror San Diego's QB situation when they gave up on Brees and drafted Rivers. Brees then put it all together and in the end they let him go.

Course, I don't think we need to go that far to get a good performance out of Campbell. He has plenty of incentive to do well this season.

Agreed. If Jason doesn't step it up this year, his days as an NFL starter are pretty much over. That should be a pretty strong incentive regardless of who we might bring in as competition.

I really hope the skins don't draft a QB until they see what they have with both Campbell and Colt. Bringing in a QB would mean picking Colt in the 6th was a wasted pick.

My biggest fear is they draft Sanchez and one the QBs already on this team will become a solid QB. I don't want to have the problem arizona has with lienhart and Warner. Paying a first round QB like sanchez then have him ride the bench or worse that they kick Campbell or Colt out and one of them becomes a great QB on another team while we're stuck with a bust.

Ok, Campbell is no Hall of fame QB but he's a solid player that will not mess the game up. I'd rather have him driving the offense than an unknown player like sanchez who could turn out to be like Matt lienhart. One thing that pops in my head is the comparison between Matt lienhart and Sanchez. Everyone will agree that Matt was a better QB in college than sanchez, so does that mean Sanchez will be a bigger flop than Matt? I think Sanchez has bust written all over his face.

I think with decent luck this year the Redskins will win 11-13 games. If we win 12 or 13, there's a very good chance that Jason will be selected for the Pro Bowl even with a C+ or B- performance.

If we draft Sanchez, it will be because Jim Zorn thinks he has a higher ceiling than Jason. If these things take place, I foresee the possibility of Jason being franchised and then traded for a second round pick as Cassell was by the Patriots.

I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone could inlighten a newbie. If Jim Zorn drafts Sanchez what would happen to the rest of the QB Depth Chart? Would they give Sanchez a year to learn the system? If only three QB's are needed what would be the most likely QB cut or trade? Would it be possible for Colt to move to the secondary QB? What type of scenarios would be most likely?

I apologize in advance if the people on this forum are sick of talking about Colt, but give us Hawaiians a break. Colt Brennan is probably the most recognized name in Hawaii.

Archived