Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial: Portis is better than Westbrook OFFSEASON THREAD

Rocky52Mc

Neither of them will be in the HOF, UNLESS they go crazy for the next 3-4 years winning their respective team a super bowl or two. When's the last time either of them run a MVP or rushing title? They're both excellent running backs, but not HOF material.

Your one for two, Westbroke will not even be mentioned for the Hall but Portis if you haven't notice has 9200 yards and will be 28 this year. He is well within the reach of getting 13600 to crack the TOP 5 IN NFL HISTORY, tell me, do you think that will be good enough for the Hall?

Why are we comparing CP 9200 yds in 7 years to a scatback who is a system guy. Some people here are throwing out this Blind Homerism BS. How can you argue for Westbroke, he has had 2-3 very good seasons. He isn't even close to Portis and by the way he turns 30 this year. So if he loses a step what does he have left to offer. CP is not as quick and shifty as Westbrok but he is just as good a receiver, he is just not used that way. If Westbroke was on our team he would be 2nd string, our third down back!

I agree 100%.

BW is good. CP is great.

They'll both be in the HOF.

Westbroke will be in the Hall of Fame? What argument could you make that puts Westbroke even on a ballot, please provide stats and comparisons to a Hall of Famer that equals. No Rings. 7,000 rushing yards, 5000 yards, if he is lucky. Hasn't played a 16 game season ever...:whoknows: I don't see it!

westbrook is a scarier player than portis, but in terms of the whole package ill stick with portis. portis is a better blocker, hes more durable, he can carry more times per game, and hes tougher to bring down.

westbrook is obviously a better receiving threat, and more of a homerun threat, but again, in terms of full package, give me portis.

I totally agree, and I basically said this in my posts (not to take away from yours)

Portis is the complete package.

I totally agree, and I basically said this in my posts (not to take away from yours)

Portis is the complete package.

no he isnt. LT is the complete package, Adrain is the complete package. Portis right now is just a good running back. Westbrook is much more of a complete package then portis.

Its also funny how ppl call westbrook a system guy. Im pretty sure thats all portis was when he was in denver and then he faced the reality of a suky team when he came to the skins. Portis has only had 2 good years in d.c which was 08 and 05.

During those 2 years i should also point out that portis only did good because he had a good offense. 05 he had mark brunell and santana and cooley as threats. 08 jason had a great start to the season and portis also had a great start as well.

All that crap about how portis can run with a bad team is bs. 06 he only had 523 yards during 8 games. when he first came to the skins he had about 1200 yards with a 3.8 ypc. in 07 portis then started only to heat up after collins came in sparked the offense. Other then that portis was just having an average not top rb season and he finished off the season with 3.9 ypc.

no he isnt. LT is the complete package, Adrain is the complete package. Portis right now is just a good running back. Westbrook is much more of a complete package then portis.

Its also funny how ppl call westbrook a system guy. Im pretty sure thats all portis was when he was in denver and then he faced the reality of a suky team when he came to the skins. Portis has only had 2 good years in d.c which was 08 and 05.

During those 2 years i should also point out that portis only did good because he had a good offense. 05 he had mark brunell and santana and cooley as threats. 08 jason had a great start to the season and portis also had a great start as well.

All that crap about how portis can run with a bad team is bs. 06 he only had 523 yards during 8 games. when he first came to the skins he had about 1200 yards with a 3.8 ypc. in 07 portis then started only to heat up after collins came in sparked the offense. Other then that portis was just having an average not top rb season and he finished off the season with 3.9 ypc.

Wait a second...

Did someone just bring up the 06 season...AGAIN? :doh:

He had 523 yards in 8 games. Sir, he also had multiple injuries. Did you watch the pre-season of 06? I understand, you were like 14 at the time, but did you watch it? He dislocated his shoulder I believe, by popping a DB for picking a pass off. Then, he was placed on IR for I believe messing up his hand in the 8th game. He started 7 of them, do you honestly think that he could have had a productive season? Even being injured he had the MOST Touchdowns for a RB at the time he was starting, which was about 8 or so in 6 games.

If Westbrook was in a system that required him to actually run the rock like an RB, you think that he would excel? Because I find that funny. Evidence to this is when you say "Its also funny how ppl call westbrook a system guy". He is a system guy, and now Portis is a system guy, but the point here is, Portis has been moved around and got back on his feet, Westbrook on the other hand is like a Reggie Bush who's best threat is in the passing game. He's a hybrid player, he's not the complete package. Clinton Portis is.

There's only a few players I would say who have the complete package, and yes I agree. LT and AP these are tough guys who have the complete package as a RB. So does Clinton Portis. Portis might not show that intense speed that he used too but he hasn't slumped all so much. Look at his first carry as a Skin with no fatigue or nothing. His carries in Denver. It's because Portis is a pounder, and once it comes to that point where he can hit the open field, he's all too tired.

Pretty soon Portis will be a top 20 rusher in this league in it's history. Westbrook WILL NEVER ACHIEVE THIS. So how can you say he's more of the complete package at RB? I understand the RB can catch, Portis can catch too, but it's also about running the ball. The Eagles have tried many times, and failed at aquiring a traditional runner to back up Westbrook and actually run it for him. Portis on the other hand, doesn't and hasn't needed a quality RB behind him unless injury has come up. That in itself is a damn good clear reason why Clinton Portis is the complete package, and while in his good years will NEVER see a quaility RB in a dual back system with him. Because he can do it all by himself.

Archived