Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USC LB's Cushing and Matthews tested positive for steroids

dreamshatterer

Well you have a point, he wasn't working out because he was injured. But his body can't balance itself out due to the great increase and decrease going on. Truth is, he's probably on roids to begin with and used them to help recover from injury (common), maybe he couldn't get off them?

It just surprises me that Cushing could have played LB there in USC being injured as often as he was. Usually at that point they plug in another LB who can play the position fine. It's not like Cushing has an extreme amount of play making talent, he just makes tackles for the most part. I'd say he's ****ed.

Has a good source verified he tested positive? All I'm saying is that none of the pictures provided show proof of steroid use (though I'm not an expert). Plenty of guys have natural breasts, especially if they're not working out. Plenty of guys can get fat pretty quickly, and then lose the fat quickly as well.

It's not like he's not muscular in the fat picture, his fat just covers any definition up, plus he's not flexing. Now I've heard anything from a year to 4 years between the two pictures. If it's a year+, I'd say it's a stretch but still possible.

Report of Matthews Drug Test Refuted

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 2:19 p.m.

In response to NFLDraftBible.com’s report that USC linebacker Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, the agent that represents Matthews has issued an e-mail addressing the situation.

In an e-mail sent to Rick Serritella at NFLDraftBible.com, Athletes First vice president and general counsel Mark Humenik stated that neither Matthews or his agents have been informed of any failed drug test. Plus, he added that a lawyer for the league office told him that the NFL hasn’t received notification that any players have tested positive for steroids at the combine.

NFLDraftBible.com also reported that USC linebacker Brian Cushing has tested positive for steroids.

Here’s an unabridged copy of the note addressed to NFLDraftBible.com, which is the web site that reported on Matthews and several other players’ allegedly positive tests:

“Our office represents Clay Matthews. Your website is reporting, via unnamed sources including one NFL team, that Clay tested positive for steroids at the NFL Combine. As I’m sure you know, the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances clearly states that ‘any Club or Club employee that publicly divulges, directly or indirectly, information concerning positive tests or other violations of this Policy (including numerical summaries or specific names of persons) or otherwise breaches the confidentiality provisions of this Policy is subject to a fine of up to $500,000 by the Commissioner.’

“Further, neither Clay nor our office has received notification of any positive test, whether for steroids or any banned substance. I also have been informed by an attorney at the NFL League Office that they have not received notification from the Independent Administrator of any Draft-eligible players testing positive for steroids during the pre-employment drug testing conducted at this year’s Combine, and likewise, that they have not informed the member NFL clubs of any drug testing results. Govern yourself accordingly.

Sincerely, Mark Humenik Vice President & General Counsel Athletes First”

I really hate to say this, but you guys need to stop believing everything that is reported on the internet. How many lessons do you need to learn? Hell, I wrote an article that beer pong spreads herpes last summer and Fox News reported it as a real story.

Just for the record, Coach Pete Carroll has cleared the air on the matter.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/blog/2009/04/carroll-cushing-matthews-rumors-false.html

Continue on, nothing to see here.

That's a pretty stupid statement. First, after taxes, they won't be passing up millions, they'll be passing up hundreds of thousands. Second, you know, some people value quality of life over *another* million bucks. If a guy gets a lot of pleasure when he grills a tri-tip, smokes a fatty, and puts on Miles Davis' "****es Brew" ;), who are you to tell him he F'd up because he dropped from 3rd to 23rd in the draft? :chair: He's the guy who's going to live to 100 because he's low stress and enjoys life. The guy obsessing over status and $ is the guy who's going to get a coronary at 45. :cool2:

Yeah sure. Are you aware that marijuana is an illegal drug? That means that if you smoke marijuana, you are BREAKING THE LAW. And no, he won't live to be 100 because the drugs will wreck his body and central nervous system which will ultimately lead to a number of life-threatening diseases. It is this kind of "chilled out," "wicked ballin' brother" who is going to be drafted and not have the work ethic or intensity to make an impact. I can't understand why you think it's so great that someone is breaking the law just because he will be "relaxed." He is a felon.

Yeah sure. Are you aware that marijuana is an illegal drug? That means that if you smoke marijuana, you are BREAKING THE LAW. And no, he won't live to be 100 because the drugs will wreck his body and central nervous system which will ultimately lead to a number of life-threatening diseases. It is this kind of "chilled out," "wicked ballin' brother" who is going to be drafted and not have the work ethic or intensity to make an impact. I can't understand why you think it's so great that someone is breaking the law just because he will be "relaxed." He is a felon.

You're also the breaking the law if you drive 56mph in a 55 or jaywalk.

You sound like you need some.

From rotoworld:

The NFL has released a statement emphasizing that none of the 32 teams or even the league office have been informed of the drug test results from the Combine.

"The independent medical advisors who administer the tests have notified in writing those players and only those players who tested positive at the Combine. Unfortunately, rumors about draft eligible players ... begin to circulate every year at this time. Many of these rumors are circulated for self-serving reasons and they are terribly unfair to the players and their families."

Also:

Carroll: Cushing, Matthews rumors false

By Ben Malcolmson on April 3, 2009 1:10 PM | 1 Comment

Coach Carroll has come to set the record straight.

Rumors have been circulating around the Internet today that USC linebackers Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Combine in February. Thing is, the report is fallacious, and Carroll is fighting back with the truth.

"These rumors are absolutely false," Carroll said this afternoon. "If they were found positive, Clay and Cush would have been notified three weeks ago, which they weren't, and all of the NFL teams would have been notified too, which they weren't."

Carroll said he spoke with the NFL testing service this morning and verified that both Cushing and Matthews are clean.

"They're both men of outstanding character and they never tested positive for anything here," Carroll said. "This is a major example of irresponsible reporting, and the site that published this report should be ashamed of themselves."

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/blog/2009/04/carroll-cushing-matthews-rumors-false.html

Archived