Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USC LB's Cushing and Matthews tested positive for steroids

dreamshatterer

Since a lot of people were hih on these 2 (including me), how much do you think this will effect thier draft status?

per KFFL.com

NFL | Cushing, Matthews tested positive for steroids

Share:

Thu, 02 Apr 2009 20:23:40 -0700

Rick Serritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Southern California LB Brian Cushing and LB Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to various sources, including one NFL team

EDIT: Bj Rajii has tested postitive for something. How about this:

NFL | Three players fail drug tests at NFL Combine

Share:

Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:35:02 -0700

Rick Seritella, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports Texas-El Paso PK Jose Martinez, University of Illinois CB Vontae Davis and University of Florida WR Percy Harvin failed drug tests for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine.

On a side note Rey Maualuga was interviewed on NFL Sirius radio yesterday afternoon and they asked him which teams have shown the most interest in him and he said the 49ers & Redskins, it sounds like Singletary loves this kid and I don't think he goes past them at #10, although they badly need OL help, they gave up 55 sacks last year.

NFLDraftBible.com reports that Florida WR Percy Harvin, Illinois CB Vontae Davis, and UTEP K Jose Martinez all tested positive for marijuana at February's Combine.

The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks.

To the OP:

You did not mention about how NFLDraftBible is not a reputable source and that many teams will spread rumors like this in hopes to have player's draft stock fall to obtain him.

This per Rotoworld...

"The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks."

Freaking idiots. They deserve the Ricky Williams award for passing up millions of dollars to get stoned.

The ones that took steriods are pretty dumbass too. They are going to fall in the draft and lose a lot of money also, not to mention that they will be watched for their whole careers. Maybe the steroids got them where they are in the ratings, but it all went for nothing in the end.

On a side note Rey Maualuga was interviewed on NFL Sirius radio yesterday afternoon and they asked him which teams have shown the most interest in him and he said the 49ers & Redskins, it sounds like Singletary loves this kid and I don't think he goes past them at #10, although they badly need OL help, they gave up 55 sacks last year.

I'm warming up to Rey at #13.

I'm a little surprised at the players who use performance enhancing drugs do not take into account the detection times for them - which can be up to a year after the fact I believe.

Well if this is true we just might get the guy SF doesn't pick..they like both Maualuga and Oher..I'd take either one.

Yeah, I saw that on rotoworld. Not sure what to make of it. I had not heard of the site, and frankly, the NFL teams should have this info in hand anyways.

Exactly. Both KFFL and NFLDraftBible have been known to have questionable reports. Unless major media outlets are reporting it, I would not put any more thought into it.

Raji was weed not roids.

Which as far as I'm concerned shouldn't be an issue. If you can pull off being a pro athlete and smoke weed, more power to you.

Except for the fact that you will have to sit out suspensions until they kick you out of the league. Not really a big deal since you have already signed that contract with 12 million guaranteed.

We definitely need to draft these guys :saber:

Archived