Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USC LB's Cushing and Matthews tested positive for steroids

dreamshatterer

Wait Cushing was on the juice...what a surprise

The left picture is freshman year, he was hurt and couldn't lift and the right picture is him his senior year. USC must have one good strength coach:hysterical:

They must have one heck of a strength coach to turn an already big kid to a huge linebacker in 4YEARS!!!!! Hello, that kid was hitting his 20's when your hormones really start to pickup. How many kids go to college that size and come out a lot bigger? Tons.

They must have one heck of a strength coach to turn an already big kid to a huge linebacker in 4YEARS!!!!! Hello, that kid was hitting his 20's when your hormones really start to pickup. How many kids go to college that size and come out a lot bigger? Tons.

do you notice the ***** tits on the left picture? Side effect of doing roids and not lifting. If you think he didn't do steroids then wow you are naive.

To the OP:

You did not mention about how NFLDraftBible is not a reputable source and that many teams will spread rumors like this in hopes to have player's draft stock fall to obtain him.

This per Rotoworld...

"The website also claims that USC OLBs Brian Cushing and Clay Matthews tested positive for steroids. Information like this is sometimes circulated by teams in hopes players' stocks will fall and no other reputable sources have picked up the reports to this point, so take this cautiously. Harvin, Davis, Matthews, and Cushing are all projected first-round picks."

I did not know that NFLDraftBible.com is not a reputable source. Thats why in my second line I said "Per KFFL.com"

do you notice the ***** tits on the left picture? Side effect of doing roids and not lifting. If you think he didn't do steroids then wow you are naive.

I am 267lbs and pretty strong. Not NFL strong, but strong. I have never taken roids. Hell i have rarely taken any kind of suppliment. If i don't hit the cario pretty hard I get moobs.

Fact: where your body stores fat is GENETIC.

Fact: Anyone who is bulky that is forced to stop working out will lose muscle mass and sag a bit.

I am not really advocatin Cushing just your post hit a sore spot for me.

Rey Maualuga is better then both Cushing and Matthews anyway

Amen brother. With Maualuga's latest Pro day workout proving he is plenty fast enough to play on the outside, it's laughable to even consider taking Cush or Matthews if Rey is on the board and we want to go LB.

I'd like to see some confirmation. Obviously, steroid allegations are going to follow Cushing always. I really hope we don't draft him, he seems like a catastrophic knee injury just waiting to happen. I am surprised to see them come out against Matthews though. We'll see what happens...

I don't believe the source till there are more stories or sources, never believe only one source. But, both look like they have retained some water weight at sometime, but I don't believe it, why would they cycle before the combine. But, we should be going after Maualuga anyways.

I posted this in ATN:

From Clay Matthews NFL.com Scouting Profile:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/clay-matthews?id=80431

While teammates Rey Maualuga and Brian Cushing certainly earned more attention throughout their respective careers, it is the former walk-on Matthews Jr. who some scouts feel ultimately could be the best of the bunch. Considering he came to USC as a 166-pound linebacker and tight end with only Idaho offering him a D-I scholarship, his rise to stardom has been remarkable.

:yikes:

Keep in mind he's 240 now.

I'm naive yet you are making assumptions on two pictures and lame reporting.

I'm not saying it is out of the realm, yet there are people with ***** tits comes also from excess hormones from puberty. Its not uncommon for someone that young who was working out to get them once he stopped.

I'm not going to pass judgement without facts. Sorry young buck.

I am 267lbs and pretty strong. Not NFL strong, but strong. I have never taken roids. Hell i have rarely taken any kind of suppliment. If i don't hit the cario pretty hard I get moobs.

Fact: where your body stores fat is GENETIC.

Fact: Anyone who is bulky that is forced to stop working out will lose muscle mass and sag a bit.

I am not really advocatin Cushing just your post hit a sore spot for me.

Exactly. That happens to lots of teens when they are still going through puberty and hormones are at a high level.

Roids would scare me off....

Weed probably wouldn't affect my opinion unless there was evidence that it was habitual (Ricky Williams II)

Yeah, there's a big difference in effect when the two substances wear off. When the juice wears off, you turn into a bust of a #2 draft pick. When the weed wears off, you realize the music you're listening to is crap and that the rest of that bag of donuts makes you nauseous. :evilg: Really, how many NFL'ers have had their careers ruined by weed (other than by being suspended for it) as compared to alcohol?

Freaking idiots. They deserve the Ricky Williams award for passing up millions of dollars to get stoned.

That's a pretty stupid statement. First, after taxes, they won't be passing up millions, they'll be passing up hundreds of thousands. Second, you know, some people value quality of life over *another* million bucks. If a guy gets a lot of pleasure when he grills a tri-tip, smokes a fatty, and puts on Miles Davis' "****es Brew" ;), who are you to tell him he F'd up because he dropped from 3rd to 23rd in the draft? :chair: He's the guy who's going to live to 100 because he's low stress and enjoys life. The guy obsessing over status and $ is the guy who's going to get a coronary at 45. :cool2:

wow, how do you smoke anytime in the weeks leading up to the combine, i just don't get it. I wonder how this will affect Cushing, but I'm shocked that Matthews was on it too. Oh well, I'm just glad we still have our first rounder and I hope we use it on Maualuga.

That's a pretty stupid statement. First, after taxes, they won't be passing up millions, they'll be passing up hundreds of thousands. Second, you know, some people value quality of life over *another* million bucks. If a guy gets a lot of pleasure when he grills a tri-tip, smokes a fatty, and puts on Miles Davis' "****es Brew" ;), who are you to tell him he F'd up because he dropped from 3rd to 23rd in the draft? :chair: He's the guy who's going to live to 100 because he's low stress and enjoys life. The guy obsessing over status and $ is the guy who's going to get a coronary at 45. :cool2:

If guys like Vontae Davis of Percy Harvin drop from being mid/late 1st round picks to being mid/late 2nd round picks they are giving up millions. They go from likely receiving a $15 million contract to one worth about $3-5 million. That's a huge drop off and you'd have to be a pretty big (and dumb) stoner to think it's not worth staying off the weed for a month or two before the combine.

It is the biggest job interview of their lives and it shows something about their priorities if they don't treat it as such.

This just means they'll all fit in well in the steroids happy NFL.

Seriously though, when I was watching clips from Cushing's pro day I was saying to myself: that guy looks unnaturally big. Know we know why.

btw: The local press out on the West Coast had been hinting last year that Cushing was on the juice his last year as USC.

On a side note Rey Maualuga was interviewed on NFL Sirius radio yesterday afternoon and they asked him which teams have shown the most interest in him and he said the 49ers & Redskins, it sounds like Singletary loves this kid and I don't think he goes past them at #10, although they badly need OL help, they gave up 55 sacks last year.

I dont think SF will go ILB. They already have Willis and taking another stud ILB is overkill compared to their horrid OL play last season. I dont think Singletary is that stupid

I dont think SF will go ILB. They already have Willis and taking another stud ILB is overkill compared to their horrid OL play last season. I dont think Singletary is that stupid

Exactly. They'll take Sanchez (if he's still on the board) or OL.

Archived