Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Going undercover at Liberty University

Cooked Crack

Meanwhile, Bob Jones U. argued in 1976, not the '50s or '60's but 19 freaking 76 that their segregationist policies were not a basis for the removal of their tax exempt status because segregation was a Biblically-based belief. :doh: They continued to fight court cases on this until your hero Reagan quietly had the case dismissed, only to face a political firestorm which forced him to back down and the case was reinstated. Even though they promptly lost the following Supreme Court case, it wasn't until the year 2000 that they finally changed their policy on allowing interracial relationships.

after i left there, i so wanted to go back with my best friends niece (she was only 3 years younger. we were seniors, she was a freshman), and walk around campus holding hands just to see if anyone would say anything about the interracial thing.

then i think around 2000, the city of greenville was giving out like 25k or something to all the museums. and BJs was getting excluded cuz of some rule about gays not being allowed on campus. so they either had to allow gays on campus or not get the money. and i think their rules were changed that they allowed gays into the museum, then they got their city money. after that, i wanted to go with my best friend then, (different one, but still black) and walk around holding hands, just to see if theyd say anything about the interracial gay thing.

never ended up doing it though. most of the students and teachers were cool, but all of the administration were complete pricks. so i got no problem throwing things in their faces.

Archived