Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. the most overrated figure in sports?

Teller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

LOL, I'm too lazy to read through that many pages. I figured you were being sarcastic but it's the internet so you never know.

I can see this thread has hit a nerve:silly:

it was sarcasm but its truth too. chuck never could get past MJ and win the big one. he was always second.

kind of like mark martin, right HH?

While you're struggling, SC, here's my argument.

Carl has two fewer wins than Jr. in five fewer full seasons.

Of the five times Carl and Jr. have both run the full cup season, Jr. has finished ahead of Carl in the season standings once. Carl's second season, 2005.

Carl averages just over five spots higher than Jr. in the final season standings (using seasons that they've both run the full cup schedule.)

In 2009, Carl won nine races. Jr.'s best season is six wins in 2006.

Jr.'s highest finish in the points is 3rd. Carl's is 2nd.

And finally...

Jr. sucks. Carl does not. :D

He was on pace for his best season finish ever. I'm sorry, I don't fire the CC in the middle of that. Maybe I was wrong.

he was also fading in a lot of races and not finishing strong due to horrible final pit stops.

sorry if you were too blind to see it.

he was also fading in a lot of races and not finishing strong due to horrible final pit stops.

sorry if you were too blind to see it.

It wasn't that, I just didn't care about the drivers who were non-factors.

Yep.

Better to be the first loser than the 11th. :)

youre right.

its SO much better to always finish second and show you just dont have the killer instinct to actually push over the hump.

at least the guy who finishes "11th" didnt have a legit shot so its not heart that he lacks.

Finish this if you can.....

Dale Jr. is a better driver than Carl Edwards, and here's the proof:

Dale Jr won the Busch series twice when he was only a Busch driver. Not a Cup driver dipping into the minor leagues to pad his stats. The only way one is going to be better is if one of them wins a Cup. That is a fact.

What has Carl won when he has been on the same level as other drivers? Nothing but some races. You got 1 good year now you think Carl is the next best thing to sliced bread? Oh what we already have that driver, how is he doing?:D No he will be the next Jeff Gordon, no what that was Kahne, and how did that work out for him? Not to good. :silly:

funny, you were all up on biffle last year. ;)

he ONLY mattered to me though since he got me a free shot in Canton.

The point was, Jr. is the #3 driver at HMS. Biffle is the #3 at Roush. I thought our #3 would win before YOUR #3 that's all. I was wrong. It happens to me about twice a year. :)

Dale Jr won the Busch series twice when he was only a Busch driver. Not a Cup driver dipping into the minor leagues to pad his stats. The only way one is going to be better is if one of them wins a Cup. That is a fact.

What has Carl won when he has been on the same level as other drivers? Nothing but some races. You got 1 good year now you think Carl is the next best thing to sliced bread? Oh what we already have that driver, how is he doing?:D No he will be the next Jeff Gordon, no what that was Kahne, and how did that work out for him? Not to good. :silly:

isnt HH all over Betty whenever he wins in the Busch series?

He also has a 4-win season and a 3-win season. He's not exactly a flash in the pan. Granted, last season was crazy. I'm pretty sure he won't win nine races again in his career. But it's not like he came out of nowhere last year.

You guys are consistent though. When we win more races, it's not about wins. When we're ahead in the standings, it's not about the standings. I'm sure WHEN we win a championship, it'll be about something else. :)

it was sarcasm but its truth too. chuck never could get past MJ and win the big one. he was always second.

kind of like mark martin, right HH?

Not completely his fault. Basketball is a team game. Rings don't solely dictate how good a player you were. It's not his fault he played against the best player ever.

When you average 22 and 12 in the regular seasons and 23 and 13 in the playoffs you aren't overrated.

And this guy is 6'6" averaging those kind of rebound #'s.

Not completely his fault. Basketball is a team game. Rings don't solely dictate how good a player you were. It's not his fault he played against the best player ever.

When you average 22 and 12 in the regular seasons and 23 and 13 in the playoffs you aren't overrated.

And this guy is 6'6" averaging those kind of rebound #'s.

hmm..I wonder what his excuses were the year that Jordan wasnt there. or when he was surrounded by great players in Philly and Phoenix. Granted in Houston he was 240 years old and could barely play. but he tried.

and he even fought shaq while he was 429 years old.

funny that you go back TWO years ONLY HH. how did he do in 06 again?

oh thats right....ZERO wins. nada...zilch...nil.

FOUR OUT OF FIVE YEARS THEY'VE BOTH RUN CUP, CARL HAS FINISHED AHEAD OF JR.

(Maybe you saw it that time.)

Guy won the Daytona 500. Somehow I doubt that he qualifies.

**** like this only makes me root for him more.

Ah yes, the Super Bowl of NASCAR.

Only difference is the team that wins the real Super Bowl is the champion.

And like Bubble Screen said. Derrike Cope.

Archived