Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Likely to be Undrafted Free Agent Prospects of Interest

J.Campbell17

One Player for me would be Jeremy Navarre. He did 36 reps on bench at pro day. He has started 4 years in ACC. I think he could definitley add depth at defensive end against the run then move inside on 3rd down. State Champion heavyweight wrestler in high school.

You're dream draft is a nightmare. I might resend my season tix if that scenario happend

Ouch. It's not THAT bad, but I don't think we should pass on Smith or Oher if they fall to us. They aren't perfect prospects but we probably won't find OT's with that much talent at the 13th pick again. The top 4 (or probably 3 now) would have all gone ahead of Jake Long last year, and he went 1st overall. You can't really argue with that for value.

Edwin Williams will be drafted. As high as the 4th round, as for true UDFA projections a guy I like is Kevin Akins from BC. He could be a real special teams stud. He has played OLB/CB/and safety on the collegiate level but I think his best fit is at OLB. He's working out at safety though. Never bad though to have a guy who can cover 3 positions need be, as well as be a good special teams performer.

Another guy to consider is Sam Swank to compete with Suisham. Prior to injury he is very accurate from close in and also is valueble as he can put as well. A teammate of his D.J. Boldin brother of Anquan will be an interesting undrafted player. He's bulit like a RB but plays WR, but he can provide as a returner and 3rd down RB as well as slot receiver.

Ogletree out of Virginia is interesting. He is big and fast but I doubt he goes undrafted.

Bernard Scott is interesting. More off field issues than most players you will see but he seems to have got things back together and is an extremely talented player. Javarris Williams is another guy who is huge and strong. Tony Dixon is another back who is like Tyrell Sutton and could be a 3rd down back. Gartrell Johnson is an interesting power back.

Another guy I like is Utah QB Brian Johnson. He isn't on anyone's radar but he was a top 10 Heisman finalist this year and definitely better than say Brad Banks. He is athletic, has a gun, and coming from that Spread offense I like how his skill set transfers into a WCO. Would love him as a practice squad developmental QB.

Cedric Dockery would be a nice guy to bring in for depth at guard.

Maurice Crum Jr. , is another guy I like who can really cover the field. Pass down specialty backer.

Ellis Lankster is a CB from WVU who wasn't impressive this season but looked good at the senior bowl.

Ellis I believe ran a low 4.3 at his pro day, and was a decent cover guy on an underrated defense (The homer is coming out in me). With a relatively strong performance at the pro day I believe he will be drafted

A different guy to take a shot at that will be a UDFA is SAM Mortty Ivy from WVU. The guy doesnt run a 4.4 or anything but is every bit a football player. A smart football I.Q. and has a real nose for the football. Could provide good special teams depth.

I think people give University of Maryland players the benefit of the doubt around here more than they should. Whatever happened to Andrew Crummey? I thought he was supposed to be a diamond in the rough as well.

edit: Mason and Heyer don't belong on that list with the rest of those players, those are pro bowl caliber guys.

Probably from seeing them up close and personal. Heck who doesn't wish we used some of those second rounders on linemen last year and are in position to fill a WR need with Maryland's Heywood Bey?

Pat Mcafee and Ellis Lankster

I would say give Patty Mac a chance because of his abilities for both kicking and punting,but, his missed field goals in college were in critical times. He might catch on somewhere because of his punting, but he punted out of an awkward formation and faced very little pressure in that formation. Could be interesting....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg-8JRPqc54

Just like Chad Rinehart. They should have put him in no matter how he was "coming along." We still don't know what he's capable of.

I think Rinehart plays 85% of the snaps in preseason for Thomas on the right side...Randy doesn't he need the preseason snaps...You can't get a complete picture of what he is capable of but I think he will play against 1st team talent and help buges assess him.

Archived