Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A freak Redskins fan connection.......

NoCalMike

Out here in CA, I couldn't believe I ran into a Skins season ticket holder last night a t Denny's at two in the morning. His party of four saw my Redskins shirt, and they started motioning towards me, he told the waitress, "that young man, is wearing the shirt of the ONLY football team that matters" hahaha.....I think he was in the national guard or something, and was just out here on the west coast for a few weeks. A cool experience.

I've had the same kind of experiences in the past week. Earlier in the week I was at the grocery store and spotted an elderly couple walking back to their car. She had on this old-school Skins jacket on... so I approached them and asked if they were fans. Turns out they're Virginia/Maryland transplants. We chatted a bit and I told them about the site and gave them an invite :)

Less than a week later, I pulled into a gas station. I had the Redskins flag on the passenger door - I do it out of spite for all the Toronto Maple Leaf flags I'm bombarded with by all the bandwagon fans come playoff time - and another car pulling in shouted "Hail Redskins". As we were both pumping gas... we got to talking about the Skins. Turns out he's another Virginia transplant. He gave me his card and I sent him an email and link to the site.

Hopefully we'll see them around :)

It was quite cool when i was in Baltimore this past weekend seeing a good amount of Redskins fans. At the Preakness in the infield there were some good yelling matches between drunken Redskins fans and drunken Eagle fans, i joined in with the Redskins fans and as you might all suspect the Eagles fans were wimps. It was great to feel at "home" of sort. sadly my extremeskins shirt, while on didnt get exposed as it was damn cold and rainy forcing me to wear a sweater and a jacket.

It was funny because one of the four memebers of their party was a Pats fan, and my shirt sparked Redskins talk between the other 3, and he started getting annoyed. So then the 3 started singing "hail to the redskins" Then I asked jokingly if they would adopt me, hahaha.

I got that beat.

Living in the UK means you don't get to meet many football (US) fans at all and most of them are Bucs, 49ers or Dolphins. (Why ? I have no idea).

I hadn't actually spoken to a Redskin fan in 10 years when I met a guy having a post dinner drink in a country hotel on the banks of a loch in highland Scotland. Turns out he was a season-ticket holder.

We talked for a couple of hours until my wife threatened divorce unless I came to bed (It was not long after we got married)

Archived