Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's on the menu for Memorial Day?

B&G

My family demands the traditional hot dog and hamburger feast for this Holiday. What are 'yall cooking?

B&G's Memorial Day Menu

Chips and Salsa

Fresh Fruit wedges

Veggie Tray

Hamburger/Cheeseburger (3/4 chuck, 1/4 ground sirloin)

Fresh Lettuce, Tomato and Vidalia Onion

Hot dogs - Boar's Head (natural casing)

Boston Baked Beans

Southern Potato Salad

Deviled Eggs

Roasted Corn on the Cob

Budweiser (Shut up, it IS the King of Beers :))

Iced Tea

Grape and Orange TruAde (a family tradition)

Other assorted soft drinks and of course

The Bar is OPEN for any other beverage

Desserts

Dad's Pineapple Cake

Mom's Devils Food Cake

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

Kona Coffee

As the day comes to an end, the men in my family meet on the deck over a bottle of Maker's Mark and regale one another with stories of Redskins' triumphs both recent and from long ago. Ah, is there anything better than family, friends, good food and drink, and contemplation of the best damn football team on the planet? Here's to you, brothers! :cheers:

Almost forgot something really important. All family pets are welcome and I cook for them as well. They're entitled and enjoy the food almost as much as their humans! :D

Beer, Beer, Beer and more Beer.:pint:

We get a bunch of guys together, get a keg, play horseshoes, fly the rebel flag and elect a "grand lizard"...:D The "lizard" has to wear a fake lizard skin hat and host the next one on the next holiday. We vote at the end of the night.

Well, Saturday is up in the air, and Monday we’ll beat the beach so it’s hero’s, salads, chips , dips, chains, and wips.

Sunday is another ball game, it’s the best day every year to watch auto racing. Non stop, all day. We’ll start breakfast with peppers and egg sandwiches. The trick is to cut off about 8 inches of Italian bread with the heel, and hollow it out. Fill it with the peppers and eggs, and your good to go. I’ll get the wood fire started about the same time. By about 10:00, I’ll get some ribs and wings going for lunch. Some olives, pepperchini’s, lupini beans, pretzels, and other finger food throughout the day. About 4:00, I’ve got some killer pork tender loins I’ve marinated, which will slow cook in the smoker. Standard BB-Q fixins to go along with dinner. Ice box cake for desert.

Not sure what the beer of the day will be. I’m leaning towards Bass Ale

I am involved in a bar-b-q cookoff. I am bar-b-q ing a brisket (I am actually VERY VERY good at this.)

I will also make baked beans........and other friends are bringing potato salad.......and cobblers.

I will post a pic if I win......excuse me........WHEN I win.

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

Blondie

Originally posted by riggins44

Here it will be steamed snow crab legs, shrimp, scallops,

homemade crab cakes (my recipe), clams, and either

grilled Tuna or Salmon.

I will also make my salsa. Wife is making a cheesecake for

Atkins diet.

what time should i be there?

;)

:pint::cheers:

Originally posted by Pete

Well, Saturday is up in the air, and Monday we’ll beat the beach so it’s hero’s, salads, chips , dips, chains, and wips.

Sunday is another ball game, it’s the best day every year to watch auto racing. Non stop, all day. We’ll start breakfast with peppers and egg sandwiches. The trick is to cut off about 8 inches of Italian bread with the heel, and hollow it out. Fill it with the peppers and eggs, and your good to go. I’ll get the wood fire started about the same time. By about 10:00, I’ll get some ribs and wings going for lunch. Some olives, pepperchini’s, lupini beans, pretzels, and other finger food throughout the day. About 4:00, I’ve got some killer pork tender loins I’ve marinated, which will slow cook in the smoker. Standard BB-Q fixins to go along with dinner. Ice box cake for desert.

Not sure what the beer of the day will be. I’m leaning towards Bass Ale

Daaaamn! Can I come over???

I'm making southwestern-style burgers. Nice high quality ground chuck with cumin, chili powder, egg, salt, pepper and a little oatmeal. Then topped with fresh salsa, guacamole and sour creme. Also a little absinthe shipped over from the UK. Should be niiice. :pint:

Originally posted by riggins44

Blondie,

Willing to swap my crabcake recipe for your bar-b-que brisket

recipe! Only given this recipe to 2 other people.

I will give it to you riggins44.

Once you eat it, you will begin to talk with a Texas accent!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Blondie

Originally posted by escholz

Also a little absinthe shipped over from the UK. Should be niiice. :pint:

Ahhh good ole absinthe. I indulged in that when I was in Prague a week ago. It's harsh stuff, and I honesty felt dumber for days after having drank it. But it's one of the most interesting types of drunkenness.... no denying that. Drink up my friend!

My wife is going to cook my favorite food, that she knows how to cook.

Starting off with Sushi, then steamed rice, Buta no Kakuni (a pork dish, very good), and steamed snow peas and carrots. I'll be washing this down with good ol' American beer. For dessert, we'll be putting the kids to bed early and putting on their cow bells for... um, well that's none of your business. ;)

Archived