Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The mandatory Fred Taylor acquisition thread

TheGoodBits

As soon as I saw this on NFL network I knew there would be a thread on here saying the Skins should sign him. I would have to say NO to that. Even in his prime he was the same back that Portis is. He could break big runs but mostly hit the middle of the line and would grind out his 4 to 5 yards. Now that he is older, I think the Jaguars are pretty stupid for not resigning him so he could retire there, he doesn't not fit in our lineup. Betts is better than he is right now. If this happened before we got Portis then maybe. But for now, I say NO!!!

HERE is another prime example of what I talked about the other day. EVERY big name free agent who is released begins a feeding frenzy among a group of Redskins cultists.

I mentioned this on a thread the other day and was criticized by several people because they said no true Redskins fan would want to bring added problems to the Redskins cap and age situation by bringing in Chad Johnson, and people like that.

WELL,this is what my thread was all about. There truly are Redskins fans out there who jump and hyperventilate at every single old veteran former pro bowl player who makes the waiver wire.

PROOF POSITIVE.

well, look at that, w/NO releasing Deuce McAllister, now we can get a 2 for 1 old RB special.

who knows, maybe we can get Emmitt out of the rocker and OJ when he gets out of prison

Quick, somebody fire up a thread, Lord knows, that's what a message board is for.....logical discussion

HERE is another prime example of what I talked about the other day. EVERY big name free agent who is released begins a feeding frenzy among a group of Redskins cultists.

I mentioned this on a thread the other day and was criticized by several people because they said no true Redskins fan would want to bring added problems to the Redskins cap and age situation by bringing in Chad Johnson, and people like that.

WELL,this is what my thread was all about. There truly are Redskins fans out there who jump and hyperventilate at every single old veteran former pro bowl player who makes the waiver wire.

PROOF POSITIVE.

After reading the entire thread, I didn't read a single response from anyone advocating that we should sign Taylor. The closest that I could find was "Not saying the Skins should pick up Taylor but Taylor would be cheaper than Betts."

I wouldn't exactly label this thread as a "feeding frenzy among a group of Redskins cultists" wishing to sign Taylor.

Archived