Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When to resign Jason Campbell?

DGREENHULK

When should we resign Campbell? How about after he's earned the right to resign. He hasnt done a thing in this league in 4 years to warrant a lucrative extension. Any bum off the street can throw for 11 or 12 TD's in a season and finish 8-8 or below. So if campbell does exactly that, why should we pay him for it? Fact is, he has record as a starter is significantly below .500, and has terrible statistics. He's not a leader, and cant win without absolutely everything else working around him. If campbell is the type of QB that can only win with a pro-bowl RB, an all pro Oline, stacked wide receiver corps, and a lights out defense, then perhaps we need to look elsewhere.

Sorry about this, but Campbell would have to resign himself, as in turning in a letter of resignation. The Redskins can re-sign him.

They really have almost opposite meanings.

re-sign (r-sn)

tr.v. re-signed, re-sign·ing, re-signs

To sign again: re-signed the lease.

re·sign (r-zn)

v. re·signed, re·sign·ing, re·signs

v.tr.

1. To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.

2. To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.

3. To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim). See Synonyms at relinquish.

Sorry about this, but Campbell would have to resign himself, as in turning in a letter of resignation. The Redskins can re-sign him.

re-sign (r-sn)

re·sign (r-zn)

v.tr.

1. To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.

Wow Dexter Manley should have had you in class to cheat off of. It seems I would have been no help to him....thanks to everybody else who took the time to answer my question. Great opinions and insight.

re-sign (r-sn)

re·sign (r-zn)

v.tr.

grammar-nazi.jpg

Campbell has earned the following (2/6/2009):

"The National Football Post's Michael Lombardi believes the Redskins will be looking for a quarterback a year from now.

Jason Campbell hasn't come close to proving that he deserves to be considered a franchise quarterback. The situation could become contentious, with Campbell's contract up after 2009 and GM Vinny Cerrato refusing to discuss an extension. If Campbell plays well, he'll want to leave. If he disappoints, the 'Skins will want to turn the page."

Yep, he's earned it.

When Campbell said this year that he was just establishing himself in the league, I couldn't believe how naive he was.

Can you imagine anyone in today's economy trying to get away with that after nearly three years of training? Especially in a leadership position?

He could get laid off.

Archived