Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Creatine question

DallasBlowsBig

Not that I take it often, but I've found creatine to definitely help with muscle recovery. Like others have said, just take what the directions suggest. Most of them have a week or so of "loading" meaning to drink it 2 or 3 times a day, then "maintenance" of once a day.

I have also read that after drinking creatine, you should drink a gallon of water. Should you do this after drinking creatine as opposed to before right?

But if you DO drink a gallon of water after taking a glass of creatine, will that wash away all the creatine nutrients??

Don't know much about creatine but drinking a gallon of water in less than an hour or so is very dangerous. I live in the high desert and would never think of drinking a gallon of water in such a short time. Heck, if you are eating right, a little more than 3.5 quarts (for 6-2, 230 in a high altitude/dry climate environment) is all you need in one day (and there are some compelling arguments against that much). Wouldn't know what happens when you add creatine to the mix.

Archived