Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: DTs, OLBs Gaining Attention at Senior Bowl (great video included)

HitStickTaylor21

];6071268']I'd take Curry over Raji every day' date=' especially since LB is our biggest Need after OL, hands down.

Who are you more comfortable with starting next year:

Anthony Montgomery/Kedric Golston

HB Blades?

HB Blades at OLB is one of the most frightening exhibits of lack of athleticism I've ever seen. It'd be like watching Patrick Ramsey return punts.[/quote'] Just not true in any sense.

Blades can play the run just fine, although he's average at best in pass coverage right now. But fine.

Besides, OLB is pretty easy to pick up a decent guy in FA for.

Now as for starting Montgomery and Golston at DT, you really want zero pass rush again? QBs to have huge pockets to step up and make their reads and burn us? Shaun Hill driving down field on us to beat us just before over time?

Yeah, that sounds real great.

Curry isn't some kind of game changing player. He isn't going to fix anything that need to get fixed right now.

But sure, let's just find find another excuse for another year as to why we shouldn't finally just draft a big time DT.

I think DT is more important long term for this team. Problem is, we are extremely impatient as a fan base, which was proven big time this year with our rookie WRs. Fact of the matter is, there's a good chance that any DT we draft this year does not produce the way we will all expect him to. The way I see it, if we want a guy that could be key part of the D in a year or two and potentially be a force up the middle, go for one of the top DT. If we want a guy who's going to make us feel warm and fuzzy about him in year one because of his stats, someone who will keep the downers at bay in '09, LB is the way to go.

];6071268']

HB Blades at OLB is one of the most frightening exhibits of lack of athleticism I've ever seen. It'd be like watching Patrick Ramsey return punts.

I pictured this in my head and immediately started laughing. I was a big Pat Ramsey fan but watching him run was hillarious.

The idea of Raji has been growing on me. For whatever reason I had this opinion that he was just a space eater and couldn't penetrate at the next level due to a lack of moves. Ever since Mayock called this kid out it's like a light went on in his head. No one has been able to block him and I've even seen him throw in a spin move or two.

If we stick at the #13 spot it looks like we should be able to get one of the Big 4, Curry/Malauga, or Raji. All three of these are equal needs in my opinion, and I would be happy with any of these picks.

Curry made more plays than Maualuga this year. He's no Lavar Arrington but he'll make a couple plays (along with being fundamentally sound and playing within the defensive scheme).

Now, I just found out Peria Jerry will be 25 years old when next season starts. That scares me. We aren't getting much younger by drafting him. He's only a couple months younger than Montgomery as a rookie and the worst part is in 5 years he'll be old. He's a good player, but I'd rather pick up Hood, who is 21, if we can't pick up Raji.

Archived