Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Punting and Kicking

Ant15fromNJ

I know what you mean - but - that is my point - I think he has a strong enough leg - but when kicking longer FG's the hold becomes even more important. You can't tell me that some of those kicks were short because of a weak leg - those are other issues - like the hold getting down slow and the ball moving. I even saw on a few extra points that Plack's hand was all over the ball.

I further investigated this to see if there was credibilty to this - saw that when Plack was in Seattle he went through 3 long snappers. Makes you think???

Part of Suisham's issue is the fact that Zorn had him kick absolutely stupid field goals as well. The one against Philly at FedEx was absolutely mind boggling. I looked at someone else in the stands and I said, when it was 2nd down, "He's going to try to kick this if he stays where he is, despite the wind. Watch, Philly is going to catch it and return it too".

I actually said it to Eagle fans. They laughed at me.

It happened.

I smirked.

Bad coaching is a part of it. That's absolutely including Danny Smith. Making excuses for Suisham, though, is semi-meaningless. The guy isn't really a good kicker. Definitely not a top 50% kicker. We need an upper echeleon kicker for once. Get it done.

Might not be a popular opinion counton what happened with Brooks last year. But how about drafting a kicker/punter.

Louie Sakoda from Utah was #2 in FG% out of kickers with 20 or more try's. (22-24) his long was 53

10-10 from 30-39 yards

6-7 40-49

2-3 50+

4-4 20-29

He's not a bad punter either.

Averaged 42.1 in 08 with an 81 yarder.

He would be a good option to atleast bring in and if either Plack or Suishum (?) falters not a bad fall back plan.

Might not be a popular opinion counton what happened with Brooks last year. But how about drafting a kicker/punter.

Louie Sakoda from Utah was #2 in FG% out of kickers with 20 or more try's. (22-24) his long was 53

10-10 from 30-39 yards

6-7 40-49

2-3 50+

4-4 20-29

He's not a bad punter either.

Averaged 42.1 in 08 with an 81 yarder.

He would be a good option to atleast bring in and if either Plack or Suishum (?) falters not a bad fall back plan.

I've seen him projected as high as the 3rd/4th round which means we would either have to reach for him in the third, acquire a fourth rounder, or hope he falls to us in the fifth. None of those are solid optios and we would be risking uncertainty at the position. I'm much more inclined to bring in a proven vet like Bironas/Graham.

I've seen him projected as high as the 3rd/4th round which means we would either have to reach for him in the third' date=' acquire a fourth rounder, or hope he falls to us in the fifth. None of those are solid optios and we would be risking uncertainty at the position. I'm much more inclined to bring in a proven vet like Bironas/Graham.[/quote']

I didnt know he was projected so high, for a kicker anyways. No I wouldn't draft any kicker till the later rounds. But the problem with bringing in a vet, is how many vet kickers recently have moved to another team just to stink it up? Mike Vanderjact/ John Hall anyone? But if the kickers that could be brought in do well then what the heck why not.

Uncertainty at the postion of kicker is kinda why we are in this situation anyways. But it never hurts to at the very least give this kid a look. Maybe not draft to be see if he might be worth it.

I see Derrick Frost is available. And we could bring back Durant Brooks for cmpetition. I keep hearing how competition makes every player so much better. Didn't we have enough competition at punter last year? May be should bring in like 7 or 8 punters and have them all competing. Why aren't our punters punting better?

You don't think talent could be a factor, do you?

Archived