Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley Game-Worn Drops By More Than Half

Mark The Homer

It appears I do. I'm surprised they talked to you. I might call them tomorrow and ask some questions. Good job SKOALSKIN. :cheers:

Owes a drink???

I said this the entire thread. Stalemate over.

No offense but if you read any of the links on the internet discussing Reeboks involvement it specifically says Reebok is the "official supplier" which was said ad nauseum in this thread....and that would infer Rypon manufactures them based on the jersey themselves.

Glad it's resolved. Mark no drink needed, I will even buy you a sunshine burger. :D

Reebok is making a killing buying jerseys from Ripon for cheap (ex: $30) and selling them to the fans for $199. They do the same thing with the shoes. Every clothing company does it.

I do not believe Reebok retail jerseys are made by Ripon.

Mark, I hope you agree to me buying you a sunshine burger.

Here is a link I thought you might enjoy.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2008/01/11/uni-watch-profiles-marge-switzer/

So, why can't Green Bay order a complete season's worth of uniforms for each player, like the Redskins, so the seamstress does not have to repair them...if the uniforms are free why do they need a seamstress for repairs? They would only need one for cusomizations....but in the blog she clearly states they reuse them over and over and repair them. This would indicate that the Packers pay for the uniforms.

Mark, I hope you agree to me buying you a sunshine burger.

Here is a link I thought you might enjoy.

http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2008/01/11/uni-watch-profiles-marge-switzer/

Wow, that is an excellent link! Thanks for that. Now I have more questions for Ripon. :)

You want a sunshine burger? PM me and drive out here and meet me in Sunshine and I'll buy.

So, why can't Green Bay order a complete season's worth of uniforms for each player, like the Redskins, so the seamstress does not have to repair them...if the uniforms are free why do they need a seamstress for repairs? They would only need one for cusomizations....but in the blog she clearly states they reuse them over and over and repair them. This would indicate that the Packers pay for the uniforms.
Yes, there are still questions to be answered. I will try to find out today. She also states the uniforms don't seem to change in fundamental structure even as the logos change. And then a guy in the comments down below said all Packers jerseys have been made at Ripon, even with Starter, Nike, and now Reebok logos.

However, now I'm beginning to question whether the Redskins Adidas jerseys were made at Ripon. I know the Starters in 1998 were made at Ripon because it says so on the tag. All I know for sure about Adidas is that it says "Made in USA" as opposed to "Made in Berlin, WI USA" as it said in 1998 and 2002. But where in the USA, and by whom?

I hope the nice lady at Ripon doesn't get pissy, because I'm going to be asking a lot of questions.

holy crap so a company called ripon actually custom fits the jerseys for the players?

I guess you learn something new everyday. And I thought I was a jersey expert.

No. Ripon doesn't do the custom fitting, they just provide the jersey's. The team is responsible to custom-fitting the players...either by themselves or via an independent contractor (as seen in the article)

... Even if I did give you proof, you wouldn't be man enough to eat crow.
Hey Mark! How's that foot tasting? Need any fries to go along with it? Maybe a tasty beverage to wash it down with? Just curious.
Look - I don't know what your issue is. I clearly said I could be mistaken. You, OTOH, have repeatedly inserted comments that have nothing to do with the discussion.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop responding to my posts. Thank-you.

Alright here we go -

I called her and introduced myself. I was very polite. And she was nice - but she also seemed a little apprehensive, providing short one-word answers for the most part. After the second question she asked me who I was, although I had already told her. I just explained repeatedly I was just a Redskins fan interested in game jerseys because I collect them as a hobby. This is how the convo went:

Q: Who contracts with you to make Redskins jerseys?

A: Adidas.

Q: Oh, Yes, well, I know the Redskins used to have Adidas logos, but now they have Reebok logos. So, you're saying you have a contract with Reebok?

A: Yes.

Q: Okay - but who actually communicates with you? Does the team communicate with you?

A: Who am I speaking with?

Q: ( I politely tell her )

Q: So, may I ask who you communicate with?

A: Reebok.

(She seemed nervous to me. And kind of reluctant to talk. Nice. But reluctant)

Q: Oh, okay. So do you ever communicate with the team?

A: Uh, no.

Q: Ok. So you make jerseys for Reebok. Very nice jerseys, by the way. And you made them for Adidas before then. Right?

A: Yes.

Q: Interesting, because the care tags are different on the Adidas jerseys. So it's interesting that the jerseys are made in the same place.

A: (no reply)

Q: I was wondering, do you do any advanced customization of jerseys for specific players?

A: Yes, sometimes.

Q: Really? I didn't know that. How does that work?

A: The team tells us what they need done.

Q: Oh, ok.

(this is contrary to what she told me above)

Q: Can you give me an idea of the cost of a jersey, or a lot of jerseys? I'm curious what the cost would be.

A: Uh, no, you'd have to talk to the team about that.

Q: Oh ok. (I paused) So - Is that confidential?

A: Yes. Talk to the team. I'm sure they'd be happy to help you.

Q: Oh, ok.

Q: Now, I know you made Starter jerseys in 1998. What about 1997 when the Redskins bore the Wilson logo? Did you make those?

A: No. We don't deal with Wilson.

Q: Oh ok. Good to know. How about prior to that - with Starter in 1991 - 1996? Did you make those?

A: Uh, I don't remember.

Q: Oh, ok. (I blather on a bit and mention Ripon absorbing Sand-Knit after they went insolvent and that Redskins jerseys were made by Sand-Knit in 1990 so I kind of assumed Ripon made Redskins jerseys in 1991..).

(I thanked her and hung up.)

I had two questions I forgot to ask her:

1) Do you do the nameplates (I think they do on most).

2) Do you sew patches? (I think they do if they can do it in spring or summer)

I was surprised they do customization. I believe what she means is, for a veteran player who needs something done on all his jerseys before they ship out, they will do it.

Anyway, IMO, the lady was coached to answer certain questions with certain answers.

Anyway, it's good info re Adidas and Wilson.

Look - I don't know what your issue is. I clearly said I could be mistaken. You, OTOH, have repeatedly inserted comments that have nothing to do with the discussion.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop responding to my posts. Thank-you.

First off Mark, you responded to ME first to a comment that wasn't even directed towards you and the comment DID have something to do with the guys post. He asked what the teams paid for them, and I answered. Instead of sayin..."Listen, I'm sorry and apologize I was wrong", you insist on keeping up with this egotistical forum bully. DON"T REPLY TO ME THANKS EVEN THOUGH I STARTED IT WITH YOU FIRST.

You sit there and told me I didn't know what I was talking about and when you were found wrong, you didn't say.....You know what guys, you were right and I definitely ate my foot on that one.

If you plan on having a conversation with somebody, do so without telling the other person they don't know what they are talking about when you have absolutely NO idea who that person is.

I bet she didn't contradict what she said either. I bet you Reebok contacts them via the team about the customization. They charge Reebok, not the Redskins, which is why I said the team get their jerseys for free. It has every bit of relevance with the discussion. Good day sir.

Archived