Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley Game-Worn Drops By More Than Half

Mark The Homer

These were advertised on Chris Cooley's website for $3,000 at first. Then they dropped to $2,700. Last I checked, which was a few weeks ago, they were still $2,700. Meanwhile, JoSportsco has been trying to sell them at $2,000, but nobody has bought any.

Today I checked Chris' website, and sure enough, this particular one is down to $1,300 which is more than a 50% drop. It was worn vs the Bills.

http://chriscooley.myshopify.com/products/chris-cooley-washington-redskins-game-worn-white-jersey-1#

The jersey is cool because it includes the "21" patch. And it's got a nice grass stain on the back. It's also cool because of this photo:

http://www.jamd.com/image/#30g78209245

But what's even better is to go to a book store or go online and buy the new Redskins 2009 Team Calendar, because a 12x12 blow-up of that pic is used for the month of June, and it's super-sharp and, IMO, frameable. The pic is large enough and sharp enough that you can read the 75th anni patch and see between the jersey webbing. It would be a very nice accompaniment to this jersey.

I wish I was rich.

There are still about 6 I want to get from this and last year......hopefully JO can hook me up.....

That Cooley was an absolute steal though

I'm hoping to catch a deal or two at the DDP in April. But to get a Cooley from THAT game, with THAT kind of wear is.....just wow.

Congrats again.

:cheers:

I don't know how true this is, but when I went to the CSA show out at Dulles expo, there was a game worn Justin Tuck jersey there and the guy owned the jersey told me that the giants pay like 900 for these game cut jerseys which are of course different from the game authentic jerseys that the fans get in the stores. I don't for one minute believe that those jerseys cost 900 bucks. The reason that I don't is that the secondary market for some of these jerseys is far too low. I can't imagine that players or teams would be willing to part for these jerseys below what they paid for them and then secondary seller like a JOsports would turn around and sell them below the price that is paid. This is just an observation. I am sure that Mark the Homer would possibly know what teams pay for a game cut jersey for their respective teams.

I have no friggin' idea. I've been trying to figure that out for a long time.

However, it seems to me the team's cost of buying a lot of gamers from the manufacturer would have very little to do with the market value of those jerseys, and it would have very little to do with what price the team sold them to outfits such as JoSportsCo. A game jersey is only worth what somebody is willing to pay, regardless of its cost.

I don't know how true this is, but when I went to the CSA show out at Dulles expo, there was a game worn Justin Tuck jersey there and the guy owned the jersey told me that the giants pay like 900 for these game cut jerseys which are of course different from the game authentic jerseys that the fans get in the stores. I don't for one minute believe that those jerseys cost 900 bucks. The reason that I don't is that the secondary market for some of these jerseys is far too low. I can't imagine that players or teams would be willing to part for these jerseys below what they paid for them and then secondary seller like a JOsports would turn around and sell them below the price that is paid. This is just an observation. I am sure that Mark the Homer would possibly know what teams pay for a game cut jersey for their respective teams.

That guy must have been on some drugs to think it costs a team $900 for a game cut jersey. My guess it costs the team about what a retail authentic wholesale costs. My guess is in the $100-$150 range when you factor in the customizations done for the players.

That guy must have been on some drugs to think it costs a team $900 for a game cut jersey. My guess it costs the team about what a retail authentic wholesale costs. My guess is in the $100-$150 range when you factor in the customizations done for the players.

I would think the customizations are done by the team, not by Ripon. I don't think extra dollars are sent to Ripon for customizations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reebok pays Ripon and the teams get the uniforms for free. I would think that the dollar amount Reebok spends to have their logo on the uniforms would be more than the cost of the uniforms Ripon charges.

I would think the customizations are done by the team, not by Ripon. I don't think extra dollars are sent to Ripon for customizations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Reebok pays Ripon and the teams get the uniforms for free. I would think that the dollar amount Reebok spends to have their logo on the uniforms would be more than the cost of the uniforms Ripon charges.

Customizations are absolutely done by the team since the players' specs can change at a moment's notice. My guess is that teams get the jersey's in the players' actual size and then do the customizations themselves

18104940animgifsmileybiye3.gif

The truth is, we're all speculating, because none of us have any knowledge at all in this area. I agree with Xav and Yeen. Still, I'd love to get some actual facts from somebody some day regarding price.

Yep, I've never heard or read a concrete anser on this topic. Maybe some of you jersey heads have been on the next level jersey board. It also has a game used section. Here is a thread on the exact same topic and it has wide speculation as well.

http://nextleveltalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16979

I have no definate answer to the on going question here about players jerseys but for some reason I remember a maybe nfl today or fox sports piece talking to an equipment manager about Zach Thomas's jerseys when he was with the Dolphins and how they used to have to custom fit his pads because he didn't want any extra slack on his jersey so players couldn't hold him and the piece showed how the trainers would tighten the jersey and tuck them under the pads and such so that it literally looked like the pads were built into his jersey.

The Jersey got delivered today. Size 44, and it fits MUCH better then my Smooty - I could actually wear this and be able to breath, and fit some under armor beneath it.

Jersey has some GREAT wear on it. Some nice helmet marks on the front numbers and shoulders, that great grass stain on the back top by the neckline, and some nice Redskins burgundy paint on the front from the endzone.

Easily my favorite Redskins item I own. I'll post pics at a later time.

HTTR! Thanks Cooley!

Archived