Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn Undermined His Own Credibility

bulldog

i like jim zorn.

just wanted to add that.

you think we are going to find a magical coach who can give us championships in the next 5 years? lol.

For some reason those that like Zorn think those that don't are unreasonable. Personally, I think it's unreasonable that I can't honestly be underwhelmed by the guy.

I'm open to the fact that Zorn could turn things around. However many of the opposing mind set don't seem to be open to the idea that right now Jim Zorn is a terrible coach.

EXACTLY!!!

How anyone could honestly have looked at this team and our schedule and thought we would be 12-4 or 11-5 is crazy. At the best this is a 9-7 to 7-9 team and always has been. Even w/a HoF HC we had to struggle to just get to 9-7...

I think we should give Zorn/JC another year, hire a veteran WC OC, and allow this team to grow...

I'm also sure people had us scoring less overall points than the soon-to-be 0-16 Detroit Lions, one of the worst teams in NFL history, players calling out the HC, and the team regressing against the weaker part of the schedule.

It's too simplistic to just use the ole, "if I had told you in July we'd be 7-7 at this point" argument. Seasons take on a life of their own.

ES poster in 1996, after the Skins collapsed to finish 9-7: "If I had told you that we'd finish 9-7, wouldn't you take it?"

I'm also sure people had us scoring less overall points than the soon-to-be 0-16 Detroit Lions, one of the worst teams in NFL history, players calling out the HC, and the team regressing against the weaker part of the schedule.

It's too simplistic to just use the ole, "if I had told you in July we'd be 7-7 at this point" argument. Seasons take on a life of their own.

ES poster in 1996, after the Skins collapsed to finish 9-7: "If I had told you that we'd finish 9-7, wouldn't you take it?"

No it's not too simplistic, at least not for me...Would I have been pleasantly surprised/ecstatic if we finished up 12-4 or 11-5? Sure, but for me...You are what you are...We are an average to slightly below average team. We are that way now, we were back in the summer. I always look at the end results b/c I'm of the mindset that when the dust settles a leopard will always show it's spots.

No it's not too simplistic, at least not for me...Would I have been pleasantly surprised/ecstatic if we finished up 12-4 or 11-5? Sure, but for me...You are what you are...We are an average to slightly below average team. We are that way now, we were back in the summer. I always look at the end results b/c I'm of the mindset that when the dust settles a leopard will always show it's spots.

And when you have a rookie head coach with no prior track record, it's not good when his spots show at the end of the season, and the team stops playing hard, begins calling him out and questioning his authority, and the 27 year old QB the HC was brought in to "coach up" still looks lost.

I really couldn't care less about the record, because it doesn't tell even half of the story of this team and organization's deeper problems.

And when you have a rookie head coach with no prior track record, it's not good when his spots show at the end of the season, and the team stops playing hard, begins calling him out and questioning his authority, and the 27 year old QB the HC was brought in to "coach up" still looks lost.

I really couldn't care less about the record, because it doesn't tell even half of the story of this team and organization's deeper problems.

I don't think it's that bad. The team is 7-7 (I think, I lost track) with a first year head coach and NO o-line...

He's only going to be better and the team as well. It's a whole new offense...

The lions have some incredible receivers. Calvin Johnson has grown leaps and bounds from first to second year... hopefully ours will do the same.

Sigh...

What is this offense we're running again? The Midwest Ice Storm Offense, or something like that?

No, it is bad--it's horrible.

Do you realize that the freaking Detroit Lions have scored more points this year than us?

Despite the OL problems, the above is unacceptable and points toward the coaches.

And if Zorn stays and keeps calling plays like he has this year, we can look for next year to be just as bad or worse. :(

Especially if Jason is still the starting quarterback. I love Jason, but he is not a WCO quarterback. His wind-up and release are way too long for the short passing game.

And if Zorn stays and keeps calling plays like he has this year, we can look for next year to be just as bad or worse. :(

Especially if Jason is still the starting quarterback. I love Jason, but he is not a WCO quarterback. His wind-up and release are way too long for the short passing game.

Agreed.

This is just like Spurrier all over again.

Archived