Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did Snyder insist that Zorn start Campbell this year

TimmySmith

If this true that Danny and Vinny wanted JC to be their QB, this makes me even more upset. Bill Parcells took over a team with two highly touted QB's in John Beck and Chad Henne. He saw their flaws and went out and got Chad Pennington. See the difference? Player evaluation and knowledge of how to build a winner. God this franchise gives a me a migrane just talking about their incompetence.

Exactly.

Which is why I've given up on this franchise until they hire someone with the pedigree and background.... to turn this franchise around and put Snyder in his place.

And until he's willing to do that.... I'm not going to support a Snyder-run franchise any longer.

Half of the locker room will be gone in two years. Those that pulled for Gregg are aging. Their vote means nothing.

Gregg already lost our locker room once.....no reason to give him another chance.

Had he proved something at Buffalo.....had he done even halfway decently in Jacksonville now......if he showed any competency at all, he would deserve consideration.

He doesn't have the track record......he is no Cowher, Spags.....there are fifteen people or more who are more qualified than gambling on him.....in an effort to see if he can actually maintain the locker room this time around.

Add on that, Snyder admitting a bad decision? Extremely unlikely. The first four game losing streak Williams went on....Snyder would remember why he didn't give him the HC job in the first place, and would want to fire him.

No ty.

Here's one for you McD5, Maybe GW is the only person willing to come here and be the head coach. You saw what happened here the last time Snyder interviewed candidates. They all declined the offer, with the exception of Fassell. Even Cowher made it clear that he's not interested in coaching and I don't think any amount of money will get him here unless Vinny is fired and Cowher has full control of the team (fat chance).

I'm also sure people like you were saying the same thing about Belichick after his debacle in Cleveland (if you can remember that far back) and now he's the greatest thing since Bill Walsh.

The point is that I'd rather take a chance on a coach the the players have a lot of respect for and will play for that man. Not all of those players are old and gone next year as you stated earlier. Snyder should have kept GW and AS. We would more than likely be fighting the Giants for the NFC East title instead of sitting at the bottom wondering who the hell our head coach will be next year...again.

My thoughts are that if Snyder is going to make a change, then bring GW back, if not then stick with Zorn and plan on rebuilding this team in his (Zorn's) image and having the patience to wait another 3-5 years for the results.

And if you believe a lot of what you read, Gregg Williams was in favor of an open QB competition (as was Al Saunders).

I don't know if it is true. It would be interesting to know though. Because there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence out there that it is (true).

That said, I am sure of two things.

1. Zorn has shown an amazing aversion to entertaining any kind of change at QB. Moreso than Gibbs, and that's saying something. Of course, that could speak to a lack of depth also.

2. Even if this is true, I don't see this as Dan Snyder intentionally trying to wreck the franchise. I see it simply as Dan realizing the importance of developing a franchise QB and how important that is to the success of a franchise. It's everything really.

That's interesting because Al did nothing but reassure Campbell that this was his team.

Archived