Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Perspective (Think Back To The Beginning of the Season)

ACW

Yeah. The NFL caught up with Zorn midway through the season. Now, Zorn must take the following offseason to catch up with the NFL. One year isn't a good indicator of how good or bad a coach Zorn is. Zorn didn't fumble the ball twice this game or let the 20-something ranked offense of the Bengals cut through them like a hot knife through butter on drives where it really counted.

I've said this before.

But when the team is 6-2, do you tell yourself they will probably collapse because you only expected 8 or 9 wins? Because that's not much of a mindset, is it?

The final record has as much importance as how they got there. Perspective works in more ways than one.

Yeah. The NFL caught up with Zorn midway through the season. Now, Zorn must take the following offseason to catch up with the NFL.

Pretty much, his crap offense got figured out..he made little to no adjustments since..and you see the end product. It's not all Zorn's fault though...a lot of the personnel sucks.

I've said this before.

But when the team is 6-2, do you tell yourself they will probably collapse because you only expected 8 or 9 wins? Because that's not much of a mindset, is it?

The final record has as much importance as how they got there. Perspective works in more ways than one.

Frankly, on our 4 game win streak, we overperformed against overrated teams.

But you are correct.

Close this thread...

My perspective is we have lost 5 of the last 6, and in the two before that we barely beat a weak Browns team and the worst team in the history of the NFL... In the last 9 games we have scored 11 TDs and the opposing defenses have scored 2 TDs plus numerous other points coming off of our turnovers. It's been a decade and we keep making the same mistakes. Our coach can't coach, our players can't play, and our owner sure as heck can't run a football organization.

Zorn hasn't made adjustments, he hasn't shouldered the blame and the players are not taking it lightly.

Zorn has lost this team, that is the biggest problem, not the record.

Zorn cut his nose to spite his face by running Sellers twice, he did it to get back at CP and it cost us. He's got to go.

I predicted a 9-7 season, however I expected us to finish strong with a 3-5 halfway record, giving us good vibes heading into 09. However we have done nothing lately that convinces me this will turn around.

This is a terrible way of thinking and i've heard this said before.

The team started out 6-2, no matter what your expectations were before the season started, the team was 6-2 at the midway point. Just because you only expected to win 8 games before the season started doesn't make it out to blow a 6-2 start.

This team gets down on themselves too quickly. That was obvious after the Sellers fumble killed any remaining momentum we have. I understand that sucks, but there's still a game to be played. Frankly, it looked like we had Cincy right where we wanted them until that play, and then kind of gave up at the end.

With the exception of Rock Cartwright. I think, today, he showed us not only why he is with the team, but why he is the Special Teams captain.

Archived