Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats The Diffrence?

djbubba4life

As much as weve been complaining about our team and how terrible tehyve been since the first couple games of the season, we have to remember that this team was at one point dominnant. we beat the Cards. Saints. Eagles and cowboys, all in a row, and weve all been arguing about what the heck happened.

i cant seem to put my finger on anything else but lack of motivation. The players just look downright lacking out there. nobody seems to ber running full speed some cause to injury, some because they dont have the fire (ahem Jason Taylor).

If there was one thing we could always say about the Joe Gibbs Era it was that, no matter how bad we played, we tried are damn best, and i have yet to believe that this team is livin up to even half the potental they have. The lines is not the problem, remember the line that Portis was racking up 100 yard games ecah week on, that line was inspired, remember that punt return by moss, that was inspired. Since our Bye week or even alittle before so, our team has started to fizzle out. Thats the problem we need to fix i believe.

When watching the games it looks like the offensive line has just gotten worn down and tired. Early in the season when they were still fresh they were opening up huge holes for Portis and giving Campbell time to make reads and throw. Once they began to slow down, so too did the offense.

We have the oldest Oline in the league... by far. What makes us think we can start a line this old for a whole year and not have them slow down? Does Buges have a Master's degree in anti-aging? In fact, 29 of the 32 teams have and average Oline age of 29 or less, ours is just over 32, next closest is the eagles at just over 30.

Cards have an inflated record, and are not that good. Saints have a horrible D, cowboys are not very good, and we caught Philly without a healthy Brian Westbrook. We are an average team that can beat other average teams and bad ones, but as the last month has proven, we falter against the NFL's elite.

The problem isn't lack of motivation. These are pro athletes, if they aren't motivated to play well then they shouldn't be here. All those 100 yd games you mentioned happened early enough in the season that the line problems weren't as glaring. Samuels and Jansen got beat so badly, they might as well have been yelling "Ole!". Even against Seattle the pass protection wasn't very good. :helmet:

Archived