Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monster Milk?

NDSkinsguy

What I would do, and I think I'm fairly knowledgable, is this...

Buy a quality whey protein isolate and mix it with cream line (un-homogenized) whole milk that is not ultra-pasteurized. There are only a handful of quality whey protein isolate products on the market because the processing is expensive and trademarked/patented. Quality whey isolate will have virtually no cholesterol or fat also.

Drink the above throughout the day to keep your body supplied with fast and slow digesting proteins. Try to avoid products like MM, which contain highly processed and denatured dairy proteins. In a pinch - sure, it's not going to kill you, but I don't think they're necessarily good for you either. This product is not horrible, it's just that they are better one's to use. Whey isolate is outstanding. It contains compounds that stimulate your immune and internal antioxidant systems.

Leucine is another supplement I highly recommend you add, which triggers protein synthesis.

You need protein BEFORE and AFTER you do any weight-training.

Stay hydrated with plenty of quality water.

Let me know if you would like for me to suggest some products for you.

Also, unless you're a pretty big boy 230 lbs plus and have been training for some time, I personally would not consume 50 grams of protein at one sitting. Not harmful but it might be wasteful. Also calculate the protein you're already getting if you're using milk, which is quite high. Shoot for no more than 40 and take some digestive enzymes or ginger root also. Most come with Aminogen, which is good, but adding ginger root to your regime would be wise.

What I would do, and I think I'm fairly knowledgable, is this...

Buy a quality whey protein isolate and mix it with cream line (un-homogenized) whole milk that is not ultra-pasteurized.

Let me know if you would like for me to suggest some products for you.

Are you a fan of Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey (even though it's not entirely whey isolate)? Just wondering since a lot of people seem to think it's the best deal out there. From a health aspect Jay Robb's whey looks great but is insane expensive.

Are you a fan of Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey (even though it's not entirely whey isolate)? Just wondering since a lot of people seem to think it's the best deal out there. From a health aspect Jay Robb's whey looks great but is insane expensive.

No ND: I'm not a fan of ON's proteins. I do not like combinations of whey concentrate and isolates. Although they claim it is mostly isolate, I do not believe that for a second based on the nutrition fact label and would avoid it.

Jay Robb's protein is good, but I totally agree with you in that the price is beyond ridiculous for what you get.

Quality whey isolate is going to run you about $10.00 a pound.

Try the protein factory or a product called Iso-Sensation 93 from Ulitmate Nutrition - good stuff...

Opinions vary on exactly how much protein you need but I am in the camp that feels you should shoot for at least .8 to 1.0 grams per pound of bodyweight.

Syntrax Nectar proteins are decent IMO although the company has had some problems in the past. I have been using them for a while now and have been pleased personally.

Archived