Extremeskins

Best chance of beating the Ravens? Pass, pass, pass, then pass some more

TrumanB

Do you like Scrapple?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Scrapple?

• Yes, Scrapple is great
    • No, Scrapple is nasty

But incomplete pass, stuffed run, 3rd and long just drives me nuts. Almost as much as stuffed run, stuffed run, 3rd and long.

From what i've seen we very rarely go back to back runs anymore and when we do its normally gives us 3rd and manageable if not a 1st down.

I think the key is that they are not picking up yards on first down, and then they're trying to pick up 3-4 yards on a run on second down every time.

I agree we have too many 2nd & 10s or longer. But, i think our 1st down runs have been effective all year, IMO its the 1st down incompletion that get us in 2nd and longs. (incmp/sack)

One of these days, I'm going to go back and break down every play for every game and calculate how many 2nd and longs we had, why we had them, and then how many times we ran right into the middle of the pile on 2nd and long.

I took a look at few games.

If you actually do the above, much respect.

viel Glück

:cheers:

Go Skins!!

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND the hesitation to play the rookie receivers, or make them a focal point of the game, but the combination of Moss and ARE as the two WRs doesn't scare anybody, least of all the Ravens Defense. Sellers is the odd man out here, but I just don't think you're going to run on that defense consistantly, so put out a formation that makes them respect the line of scrimmage to the goal line with speed at the WR position.

While I understand the idea, the talent of Thomas and Kelly alone isn't enough to get defenses to respect them. Actual production is what forces respect from defenses. Fact is, defenses are still going to put 8 in the box even with that formation, at least until we can prove we can throw against them.

Archived