Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

News-Press, Sean Taylor related blurb

SWFLSkins

http://news-press.com/article/20081113/HSS32/811130388/1010

Shocking, stunning and senseless.

Those were some of the terms used Wednesday in reaction to news that Jessie Davis, 20, a former football star at St. John Neumann and a 2007 graduate of the high school, was killed Tuesday night during a fight in East Naples.

Collier County Sheriff's deputies charged Adonis Vazquez, 18, with second-degree murder. He allegedly stabbed Davis to death.

"It's shocking," said Neumann senior Jack Griffin, one of three Celtics who was on the varsity two years ago when Davis was a senior. "You never thought this would happen, especially the way he died. It's not something you'd want for anyone."

Neumann coach and athletic director Steve Howey was stunned.

"For me, it's the second year in a row that one of my former players was killed," Howey said, noting that he was an assistant at Miami Gulliver Prep when former Washington Redskins player Sean Taylor played there. "For this to happen, right around the time when Sean died a year ago, I can't believe it. It's senseless."

Pretty much all the article has, but thought considering the timing it was important to see how Sean is being thought of.

Archived