Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Third party results in election

Old Bay

I'd be interested to see how Obama would have fared if he ran against Ron Paul instead of McCain. I think we would have seen a much different election.

I just can't imagine Paul could've done any better. McCain was a very viable candidate, and it wouldn't be hard to argue that he may be the best presidential "loser" of our generation, with a possible nod to Al Gore.

Heck, McCain was probably a better overall candidate than half of our recent winners. His age, his VP choice and the ghost of George were just to much for anyone to overcome. The latter issue alone was enough to kill the GOP hopes for this election.

That McCain was able to keep the election as close as it was, all things considered, well the GOP really owes him some thanks. They lost ground in the Senate, the house and also governor seats. But everyone expected the losses to be worse, so I think McCain saved them from total embarrassment to an extent.

This was really the Dems race to lose, and they played everything right.

I just can't imagine Paul could've done any better. McCain was a very viable candidate, and it wouldn't be hard to argue that he may be the best presidential "loser" of our generation, with a possible nod to Al Gore.

Heck, McCain was probably a better overall candidate than half of our recent winners. His age, his VP choice and the ghost of George were just to much for anyone to overcome. The latter issue alone was enough to kill the GOP hopes for this election.

That McCain was able to keep the election as close as it was, all things considered, well the GOP really owes him some thanks. They lost ground in the Senate, the house and also governor seats. But everyone expected the losses to be worse, so I think McCain saved them from total embarrassment to an extent.

This was really the Dems race to lose, and they played everything right.

Total agreement. 7 million votes don't equate to a landslide. If it had been Huckabee or Ramney there would have been a 20 million vote discrepancy.

In other news...Jeff Boss is my hero!:silly:

Archived