Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okay...what the bleep was that?

mtcooleyfan23

I'm surprised nobody's talking about the absolute lack of grit and good decison making on our part. It all started with the ridiculous challenge by Zorn. Isn't there a person or persons whose entire purpose is to watch close calls and then give the coach an informed decision? Week after week I see red flags thrown on the field for challenges that have no business being out there. What is so hard about the concept of incontrivertable evidence to overturn. Keep that damn thing in your pocket. If I can tell you the result after the play in real time (with no slo-mo) sitting on my couch then you certainly should be able to with a friggin committee that has twenty different looks at the play. Zorn whose takes pride in keeping timeouts under lock and key sure gave them away like it was going out of style last night. When was the last time you saw a team use all three TO's in the first half?

Secondly:

With under 10 mins of game left a 17 point deficit isn't an impossible hurdle to overcome. However, when you huddle every play, take your sweet ass time getting set on the line and then follow a gift of a 1st and goal with a bonehead timeout by Campbell (take the delay penalty!), those 10 mins tick away pretty damn quick. No sense of urgency, no fire, no hope. These guys were beaten just as much in their hearts as they were manhandled all night long.

Lastly:

All credit to the Steelers D for giving Campbell the working over of a lifetime. An important lesson to be sure. Hindsight being 20/20- only one screen pass in the face of that massive pass rush all night. If time was at a premium then why so few shotgun formations? Someone tell Campbell that throwing the ball away two feet from the sideline is outside the pocket and it's a helluva lot better than a 15 yd. sack (twice JC? really?). Um, I know the west coast offense is the new menu but when 3 and 4 yd dinks and dunks on 3rd and 8 aren't moving the chains, how about a shot down the field once in a while. I thought Pittsburghs secondary was their Achilles heel. From now until the end of the season I want Redskin players, coaches and even the secretarys to toss balls at Rogers every time he turns around. For every one he doesn't catch he donates a piece of his paycheck.

Okay rant over. 13 days of peace ahead.

The Steelers are a very good team. And they whooped our butts. It's that simple.

I mentioned in a few posts this week... that Portis was going to get shut down in the running game. And I was told that it wasn't a worry... since Portis killed the Eagles when they were the #1 rushing defense in the NFL at the time.

I'm not going to make any other excuses as most Redskins fans are prone to do. Now, those are the fans saying this team was tired.

This team wasn't tired.... until it lost. Then it fatigue became an issue. Please.

I'm starting to believe Redskins fans are among the worst in the NFL.

It's odd to use 3 timeouts in the first half?

Why would you wake a delay penalty to get farther from the endzone? They didn't huddle up as often as they had in the past.

The last part I agree with. I don't know why he didn't just throw the ball away. That was a little weird and unlike Campbell.

EDIT: Diehard, I don't understand how the team wouldn't be tired? Or am I missing your point? One of my concerns going into this game was that the team hasn't had a bye while the Steelers had their bye just two weeks ago. I would expect the Steelers to be less fatigued, and I'm not using that as an excuse.

The Steelers are a very good team. And they whooped our butts. It's that simple.

I mentioned in a few posts this week... that Portis was going to get shut down in the running game. And I was told that it wasn't a worry... since Portis killed the Eagles when they were the #1 rushing defense in the NFL at the time.

I'm not going to make any other excuses as most Redskins fans are prone to do. Now, those are the fans saying this team was tired.

This team wasn't tired.... until it lost. Then it fatigue became an issue. Please.

I'm starting to believe Redskins fans are among the worst in the NFL.

I kinda agree, except I don't think the running game was getting completely shut down, it was just abandoned.

I kinda agree, except I don't think the running game was getting completely shut down, it was just abandoned.

With the exception of that 15-yard run... where Portis had to break a tackle to make it into the secondary... and another 5-yard run for a first down.... Portis wasn't getting more than 1-2-3 yards on a carry.

They shut him down. The running game wasn't abandoned... it was given that appearance because of all the 3-and-outs! :) The Redskins were always in 3rd and longs.... because it couldn't run for more than 2 yards... and make completions longer than 4 yards.

With the exception of 2 Moss catches... there weren't any YAC yards.

Rough day all around.

Diehard, I don't understand how the team wouldn't be tired? Or am I missing your point? One of my concerns going into this game was that the team hasn't had a bye while the Steelers had their bye just two weeks ago. I would expect the Steelers to be less fatigued, and I'm not using that as an excuse.

You honestly think a bye week would have made a difference against the Steelers?

They were hungry... coming off a bad loss to the Giants. They brought more energy... and they schemed better. Although, it's not too difficult to do... shut down Portis and let Campbell beat you.

The Redskins have looked fatigued since beating the Eagles 4 weeks ago. That's a product of the coaching.... not physical fatigue.

You guys are going to be in a wake-up call... thinking that a bye week is all of a sudden going to re-energize this team for a playoff run.... if the offense doesn't get it's head out of it's butt.

It's odd to use 3 timeouts in the first half?

Why would you wake a delay penalty to get farther from the endzone? They didn't huddle up as often as they had in the past.

The last part I agree with. I don't know why he didn't just throw the ball away. That was a little weird and unlike Campbell.

EDIT: Diehard, I don't understand how the team wouldn't be tired? Or am I missing your point? One of my concerns going into this game was that the team hasn't had a bye while the Steelers had their bye just two weeks ago. I would expect the Steelers to be less fatigued, and I'm not using that as an excuse.

A first and goal with 15 to go is IMO a much better option than burning a second timeout facing a three score deficit with under 10 mins. to play.

I thought Pittsburghs secondary was their Achilles heel. .

I will agree with you there to a point. We had McFadden out and Clark. I knew Clark would REALLY be up for this game. He is a great counterpiece to What the Steelers do with Troy P. Carter and Townsend are both liabilities out there. (Funny how those two are the ones with the INT's though)

I think You didn't get to expose our depleted secondary because our LB's were putting so much pressure on Campbell. Plus your deep threat was not a deep threat and Randel El is a slot receiver at best. Loved him when he was ours, but mostly for his gadget play ability. Lebeau and the Steeler defense were giving CAmpbell fits with their disguises. They have done that to many QB's better then your guy. So don't feel too bad. Mcnabb and Eli didn't fare to well either...

Yes, we would of gotten all or most of our players back for injuries.

Well, I agree then... it's not fair that the Steelers didn't have any injuries to any of their players who missed the game (in part or fully).

How did Ben do? Or Heath Miller? Ryan Clark? Marvel Smith?

How did their 3rd string RB do (ie. Mwelde Moore)?

Well, I agree then... it's not fair that the Steelers didn't have any injuries to any of their players who missed the game (in part or fully).

How did Ben do? Or Heath Miller? Ryan Clark? Marvel Smith?

How did their 3rd string RB do (ie. Mwelde Moore)?

You forgot Mendenhall, McFadden and our long snapper... ;)

Archived