Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Player Challenge: Andre Carter

SWFLSkins

Okay we all know that some players and family of such read this board.

So here is this games player challenge. Andre Carter go get some. We need pressure on Ben, we need sacks, we need a leader on that line to tear it up.

You Mr. Carter have not played like you played at the end run last season, maybe your saving yourself. We really need pressure on this capable QB to win this game. The drive through lanes for the running games have been closed, now is the time to open the expressway to Sack-it-town.

I was going to start my own thread until I did a search and found this. Im really surprised this thread didnt get a single response since the OP brings up a great point. Where has Andre Carter been all season?

Last year, through 9 games, Carter had 30 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 pass deflections and a safety. This year he has 23 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 pass deflection. Hell, in the Dallas and Detroit games, he never recorded a single tackle.

Im not one of those guys who thinks we need our ends to have a dozen sacks at the end of the season to be considered successful. Im happy with getting pressure and disrupting plays. And I know Andre has been disruptive at times, but compared to last year, its like he's not even on the field.

What is the cause of this dropp off?

Anyone?

Bueller?

I was going to start my own thread until I did a search and found this. Im really surprised this thread didnt get a single response since the OP brings up a great point. Where has Andre Carter been all season?

Well assuming it's not Carter's fault, the only changes from last year are:

Golston instead of Montgomery.

No Phillip Daniels.

No Gregg Williams, though Greg Blache was the line coach last year.

Well assuming it's not Carter's fault, the only changes from last year are:

Golston instead of Montgomery.

No Phillip Daniels.

No Gregg Williams, though Greg Blache was the line coach last year.

Yea man, I thought about all of that.

Personally, I dont think theres a dropoff when you replace Monty with Gloston. It actually seems Golston is the better pass rusher of the two. And not like they were doubling Daniels, thus giving Carter one on ones all season. Is it scheme?

---

Thanks, and I was really hoping that late last year's AC was going to show up from game one on this year. I still hold out hope that he will catch on fire from this Dallas game forward and get us some serious pressure from the end. He and Taylor should at least have 15 sacks between them. I am really surprised also about the lack of discussion on this topic.

Last year, through 9 games, Carter had 30 tackles, 6 sacks, 2 pass deflections and a safety. This year he has 23 tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 pass deflection. Hell, in the Dallas and Detroit games, he never recorded a single tackle.

Im not one of those guys who thinks we need our ends to have a dozen sacks at the end of the season to be considered successful. Im happy with getting pressure and disrupting plays. And I know Andre has been disruptive at times, but compared to last year, its like he's not even on the field.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Jason Taylor's salary!

carter has protection sliding towards him most of the game.. there is no help on our dline as far as pass rush... hopes were JT would draw doubleteams or protection his way, freeing up carter, but he hasn't produced yet and teams don't do anything special for him...

GW used the blitz more than blache and carter benefitted from that, but we are basically relying on a 4 man rush for the most part and, in my opinion, the other guys just aren't drawing enough attention for teams to stop sliding towards carter..

Archived