Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida Today: Fasano fits Dolphins' system

tr1

quick name all the rookies contributing on the Dolphins......

Hey, I'll bite.

The ones that I can think of are: Betts WR, Long T, and Carpenter K. But those guys aren't the reason for their turn around.

I give a lot of credit to Parcells and Sparano. They brought in a lot of new players, some of which are Cowboys, and they also got a lot of guys healthy. But IMHO, I don't think the reason for their turn around is because of Fasano and Akin A. I'd say more of it has to do with Chad Pennington (very few turnovers AND a good leader), 2 healthy RB's, and a healthy Joey Porter. Now, I will say that a lot of that credit goes to Sparano for putting guys in positions that best suite them.

In addition, Parcells did win that trade, NO DOUBT. Having said that, Bennett is doing a better job for the Cowboys than Fasano ever did. His stats are better than any season Fasano had and he's a good blocker. And no, the reason for the OLINE'e trouble this year has nothing to do with Fasano. I'll agree that the departure of Sparano hurt. But injuries and the fact that teams are blitzing the Cowboys more this year is the biggest reason.

Now that I've responded, your turn Bubba. You never did answer as to where you found those stats on Fasano. Was it a simple mistake or was it made to put out misinformation in an effort to win an argument?

But IMHO, I don't think the reason for their turn around is because of Fasano and Akin A.
I don't believe that was stated, just that they are contributing factors.
In addition, Parcells did win that trade, NO DOUBT.
:cheers:
Now that I've responded, your turn Bubba. You never did answer as to where you found those stats on Fasano. Was it a simple mistake or was it made to put out misinformation in an effort to win an argument?
Mistake I'm certain. It isn't bubba's style to misquote. :2cents:

Yes.

That fumble he had was just tremendous.

:rotflmao:

I know you're just baiting me...but Choice had 5.3 yards a carry and over 5 catches a game for 8.9 yards a catch against the #1, 2, and 7 defenses in the NFL.

While not spectacular, I'd say it's still pretty good. Certainly move valuable then a backup tight end who averaged less then 1 catch a game every year he played for Dallas.

:D:D:D

I know you're just baiting me...but Choice had 5.3 yards a carry and over 5 catches a game for 8.9 yards a catch against the #1, 2, and 7 defenses in the NFL.

While not spectacular, I'd say it's still pretty good. Certainly move valuable then a backup tight end who averaged less then 1 catch a game every year he played for Dallas.

:D:D:D

And that TE will likely have a SB ring before any of your over-priced, over-hyped players get one.

Just sayin'.

Look at how much money Jerruh has spent, and you guys are barely hanging on to get into the playoffs...

I'm enjoying the struggle.

Makes for great TV.

Joe Buck and Troy are still in shock.

And that TE will likely have a SB ring before any of your over-priced, over-hyped players get one.

Just sayin'.

Look at how much money Jerruh has spent, and you guys are barely hanging on to get into the playoffs...

I'm enjoying the struggle.

Makes for great TV.

Joe Buck and Troy are still in shock.

'Fins are winning a Super Bowl sometime soon?

Name the stakes in a wager.

'Fins don't win a Super Bowl while Parcells or Sparano are there.

I put up his career stats by accident

chill Big Drama, it was an honest mistake

fasano.png

Good deal. But I'm not BIG D.

Thanks for showing his career stats. Really shows that Fasano wasn't a good fit for the Cowboys. Bennett already has 18 REC for 269 YARDS with 4 TD. Those are better than any of Fasano's seasons with Dallas. In fact, in one season he has the same amount of yards and 3 more TD's than Fasano had in two seasons with Dallas.

Also, you guys talk about Fasano and how great he's doing, but how about the other TE on their roster, David Martin. He has more yards than Fasano and one less catch.

Thanks for showing his career stats. Really shows that Fasano wasn't a good fit for the Cowboys. Bennett already has 18 REC for 269 YARDS with 4 TD. Those are better than any of Fasano's seasons with Dallas. In fact, in one season he has the same amount of yards and 3 more TD's than Fasano had in two seasons with Dallas.

Also, you guys talk about Fasano and how great he's doing, but how about the other TE on their roster, David Martin. He has more yards than Fasano and one less catch.

You make a good point. Martin had a monster 61 yard TD catch last week. I'm not sure if Fasano is ever the best TE on the Dolphin's roster. Fasano is a decent player who fits what Miami is doing, but he isn't a physical specimen like Bennett or Fred Davis.

Fasano showed more heart on his two TDs than Bennett will in his entire career.

Fasano is a better football player and teammate.

He better have heart because he doesn't have Bennett's size, strength, hands or talent.

And please show proof Fasano is a better teammate. Otherwise, u are talking out of your ***. Don't ignore either tr, prove it.

Bennett has done more as a rookie ( despite Romo sits to pee being hurt or out for the past 7 games) then Fasano did in two years here. That's the bottom line and the proof is in black and white. That's neither bs or spinning, but the simple truth.

He better have heart because he doesn't have Bennett's size, strength, hands or talent.

And please show proof Fasano is a better teammate. Otherwise, u are talking out of your ***. Don't ignore either tr, prove it.

Bennett has done more as a rookie ( despite Romo sits to pee being hurt or out for the past 7 games) then Fasano did in two years here. That's the bottom line and the proof is in black and white. That's neither bs or spinning, but the simple truth.

I can't help but think you have me confused with someone else, this is the only account name I have ever had here.

But like KDV said about Fasano and Bennett, where is your proof?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ca2418&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

He sounds like a head case...but you knew this.

You puke fans can't be objective at all.

It's ridiculous to continue giving you the facts and you ignoring them.

Take those silly blinders off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ca2418&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I wouldn't say head case, just someone who needed tough coaching, which he's getting and responding to. Other then that he seems to be a young kid with a strange sense of humor.

The facts are he's a better fit for Dallas then Fasano ever was. Also the pick he was traded for turned into Choice and Scandrick who've been bigger contributers and more valuable then he and Akin would of been (especially since Akin would be riding the bench).

Of all the things Parcell's looted from Dallas this year I think the only one that matters is Sparano.

Maybe you should stop letting your hatred blind you. I know what the problems are with Dallas at the moment, and trust me they're not Bennett, the lack of Fasano, or any other player now in Miami.

Not that it'll chance anything, but only refering to the Cowboys as the pukes (which as far as insulting nicknames go is pretty lame for the record) is childish and unbecoming of a man your age.

That is probably the worst argument I have seen from you. More heart?!?! Hahahahaha. :doh:

Not saying he does or doesn't, but from a TD catch he clearly showed more heart then a guy who barely sniffs the field?

What facts? Bubba himself provided the facts that Bennett has accomplished more in one year in Dallas than Fasano did in two. Those are facts. Measuring one's heart and saying they are or aren't a good teammate without being in the locker room is an opinion.

Where are these facts that YOU speak of? Seriously.

Archived