Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

redskins.com: Monk, Green to Receive Hall of Fame Rings At Dallas Game

Burgundy&Gold4Ever

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Monk__Green_to_Receive_Hall_of_Fame_Rings_At_Dallas_Game_903.jsp

Art Monk and Darrell Green will receive their Hall of Fame rings during a special ceremony prior to the Redskins-Cowboys game on Nov. 16, the team announced on Tuesday.

Monk and Green were inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Aug. 2 in Canton, Ohio.

“Art and Darrell are very deserving of this honor and it will be special for them to receive their rings and share this experience with Redskins fans,” Redskins owner Daniel M. Snyder said. “This will be a wonderful and memorable evening to celebrate the significant accomplishments of these two great Redskins.”

Monk was the Redskins’ first-round draft pick in 1980. The lanky wide receiver played 14 of his 16 seasons with the Redskins and helped lead the team to three Super Bowl championships. He recorded 940 career receptions and 68 touchdowns in 224 games.

Monk remains active in the community, working with the Good Samaritan Foundation he launched in 1993 with former Redskins Charles Mann, Tom Johnson and Earnest Byner. The foundation helps young people with skills and training to succeed in society.

“I never had the privilege of playing in FedEx Field, but I’m sure it seats the same loyal and committed fans that cheered for me while playing at RFK Stadium,” Monk said. “To receive my Hall of Fame ring in front of our Washington-area fans not only allows me to share the moment with them, but it also gives me the opportunity to express my sincere thanks and deep appreciation for their unwavering support for so many years.”

Green, a 5-9, 185-pound cornerback, was the Redskins’ first-round draft pick in 1983. He played 20 seasons in the NFL--all with the Redskins--and earned seven Pro Bowl berths, a franchise record. He established an NFL record by recording an interception in 19 consecutive seasons.

Since his retirement in 2002, Green has been involved with operating the Darrell Green Youth Life Foundation, which he started in 1988 to help children develop into leaders and positively influence their families and communities.

“My induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame was a humbling celebration of not only my professional career, but a time to rejoice over the sum of my life’s blessings,” Green said. “Having the Redskin fans show up the way they did to support Art and I made it an even more memorable and treasured experience. I am so excited to get my ring before the Dallas game and share this honor with all the fans that supported me my entire career. It’s going to be a special evening."

The Redskins-Cowboys game will be televised nationally on NBC. Kickoff is 8:15 p.m. ET.

That'll fire people up even more for the Dallas game! I love that they're getting their HOF rings before that game. :dallasuck and :notworthy to 28 and 81

Archived