Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis, Moss, Campbell, Cooley--A Look Back

Larry Brown #43

The Longshot: That's a big assumption, particularly since we didn't draft all that well on the second day for those first two years. Considering that Denver didn't get much out of Tatum Bell, even relatively high picks can flop on you or not reach their full potential.

What the hell does Tatum Bell have to do with this discussion? Denver's drafting efficiency has no bearing on ours. In fact, I saw an article several months ago which had Denver at the bottom (#32) in drafting efficiency. Their front office turnover testifies to that.

We have agreed that the Skins drafting record with the picks that were kept is very good. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that they would have done as well with the picks traded away.

The second day performance over two years is a cherry-picked small sample -- evidence of nothing.

Jason, you are engaging in some artful dodging in our exchange.

Funny from a guy who weakly defines his position, then calls "strawman" when someone tries to argue it. :rolleyes:

Just because I got one of my facts wrong doesn't invalidate the truth about Bailey.

From the artice I posted:

• Franchising Bailey put us over the cap
  • We would have to release players to get under the cap
  • With franchising Bailey, it would be hard for the team to compete for free agents

It sounds like it still makes my point, even if I did get one fact wrong.

Jason

• 1 month later...

Archived