Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Special teams woes

Veretax

I was thinking yesterday how our coverage teams on punts and kickoffs seem to be lacking in their explosivity. returns for us never seem to really break free, and for coverage often we've been missing tackles or getting tied up with blockers.

here's my question. Do you guys think that the Loss of Sean Taylor is perhaps more felt on Special Teams right now, than in the Secondary?

I was thinking yesterday how our coverage teams on punts and kickoffs seem to be lacking in their explosivity. returns for us never seem to really break free, and for coverage often we've been missing tackles or getting tied up with blockers.

here's my question. Do you guys think that the Loss of Sean Taylor is perhaps more felt on Special Teams right now, than in the Secondary?

no.

Hrms, I seem to recall Taylor flying around on Punts in particular and smacking into folks. I remember the fake punt in the pro bowl where he stuck it to the punter as well. Maybe its an attitude change in the special teams, but I don't think we are as physical as we used to be.

Our special teams have not been better then average since Danny Smith arrived. Especialy on our punt returns, you will see way too many people quiting on their blocks before the reciever is even down.

Absolutely no blocking or hustle in this group, and Smith should be all over these Guys considering ARE has the speed to take it to the house. If we could get our special teams to step it up so we fire on all 3 cylinders, we would be a complete beast.

Archived