Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you noticed about ticket sales on this board?

mcarey032

I have noticed the last few games that there have been a plethora of tickets to be bought and not only are there plenty of tickets to bought, but they are going most times below face value. In years past this never would have happened because when the Redskins are doing well everyone and their mother wants to go. When I was in the Red lot last week there was plenty of space to be had and there were some empty seats as well. I know that the Rams weren't a high demand game, but when you are 4-1 at the time, people in this town want to be at the game.

My guess is that because of the economy people don't want to go and spend money or they really need the money for their personal finances. I was just trying to see what people's thoughts on this was. Is this the sign that next year, that we won't have the consecutive sell out streak any more? Just wondering what other boardmembers observations were on this.

My guess is that because of the economy people don't want to go and spend money or they really need the money for their personal finances. I was just trying to see what people's thoughts on this was. Is this the sign that next year, that we won't have the consecutive sell out streak any more? Just wondering what other boardmembers observations were on this.

It's definately the economy. The past few years, I had no problem selling my Redskin tickets, but this year it has been a challenge. Mainly because a lot of my friends just don't have the extra money to spend.

I would tend to agree with the economy, but then again - in DC there are many folks that make enough $ not to have to worry.

If you notice, all the folks with Cowboys tickets try to sell them for 4 and 5 x face value. People buy them at those prices too.

I wonder what that "sell out" streak really means - not much if you ask me. I hate looking up on game day and seeing the stadium scattered with folks instead of full.

I don't know about others but I've had 5 LL tickets for a long time. If you do the math, that's $5,000 per year plus parking, beer, food, etc. In 3 years, I could have had a new car! I love my Skins but next year will have to consider carefully, before deciding to renew in these tough economic times.

Winning temporarily makes you forget what a burden tickets can be on your family finances.

I don't think I'm alone.

:2cents:

It's hitting me as well... Since I work in the Service industry, if you don't have business you don't make money... My finances are down from even the first half of the year... I had been planning on making a trip, but with gas prices and ticket prices I don't think I could fork over half a months worth of my mortgage to make it...

I don't think that the sellout streak is in any jeapordy, but what's happening is that people can't go to games on given weeks for various reasons, and they can't unload them for face. Keep in mind though that our three division games are the last three home games of the season, so come those weeks you'll probably see tickets going for more.

As for the economy hitting franchises, look at the Nationals. They opened a new stadium this year, which in my opinion was a really nice ballpark (and I'm an Oriole fan). I attended quite a few games there this season (including three against the O's), as well as quite a few games at Camden Yards. In a good economy, the Nats' attendance is much better in a new stadium. Instead, the low attendance was a story all season. Once the economy improves, people will start spending money on games again.

Once the economy improves, people will start spending money on games again.

I cannot wait for that to happen... When the stimulus checks came out, we saw a large increase at our bar... I'm making enough to live right now, but not to go out too much...

I have noticed the last few games that there have been a plethora of tickets to be bought and not only are there plenty of tickets to bought, but they are going most times below face value. In years past this never would have happened because when the Redskins are doing well everyone and their mother wants to go.
Not sure if you're referring to the tickets sold by brokers or the tickets sold on this site. But tix have consistently been sold below face on this site over the years -especially the week before the game - whether the Redskins are winning or losing - particularly in the upper level. I've started at least two threads over the past three years pointing this out. Here's one example:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=185854

This year tix have been especially plentiful because of the number of unsold premiums that are flooding the aftermarket the week prior. But as far as this site, tix are selling at about the same prices. Just look in the archived threads of this site in the classifieds section and you'll see. There may be a bit more tickets available, however, because some members of this site are selling their own tickets to take advantage of the premiums being sold so cheap.

But my point is, this "cheap plentiful ticket" phenomena has been going on for years.

Archived