Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Biden and American Charity: National Review.com

TrumanB

You accuse someone else of being "too partisan" after posting this article from the never partisan National Review.

Nice logic.

:applause::applause:

Hey, I'll freely admit that I'm partisan. People like you and Predicto cannot.

And the FACTS in this article can stand on their own, regardless of the source. Biden gave one-seventh of one percent to charity. That's not spin, that's not playing with the facts, that's cold hard numbers.

Hey, I'll freely admit that I'm partisan. People like you and Predicto cannot.

And the FACTS in this article can stand on their own, regardless of the source. Biden gave one-seventh of one percent to charity. That's not spin, that's not playing with the facts, that's cold hard numbers.

Ok. Cold hard numbers. Now play the same game with net worth, rather than last year's wage income. Surely you agree that this is a more relevant measure of prosperity.

McCain and his wife together are worth roughly 140 million dollars, give or take 10 million. So - what percentage of that wealth have they given to charity?

I don't know the answer, but you can check it if you like. Sorry about making you do the math yourself - for some reason, I don't think the National Review did that hard-hitting investigation for you.

Ok. Cold hard numbers. Now play the same game with net worth, rather than last year's wage income. Surely you agree that this is a more relevant measure of prosperity.

McCain and his wife together are worth roughly 140 million dollars, give or take 10 million. So - what percentage of that wealth have they given to charity?

I don't know the answer, but you can check it if you like. Sorry about making you do the math yourself - for some reason, I don't think the National Review did that hard-hitting investigation for you.

Well, shouldn't that be your job? :silly:

Let me know when the numbers actually mean what you THINK they mean.

The fact is they declared one-seventh of one percent. If that fact could stand on it's own you and the article wouldn't be drawing assumptions from it.

The fact is they declared one-seventh of one percent. If that fact could stand on it's own you and the article wouldn't be drawing assumptions from it.

And what purpose would it serve to only declare some of your charitable contributions? Why would anyone do that? So, you're saying what they didn't report would make up the difference in contributing 13 times less than the average American?

Spin, spin, spin.

And what purpose would it serve to only declare some of your charitable contributions? Why would anyone do that? So, you're saying what they didn't report would make up the difference in contributing 13 times less than the average American?

Spin, spin, spin.

My first post in this thread. I don't declare them. Not everyone does.

Remember you asked how that was relevant to the discussion?

Now you know.

My first post in this thread. I don't declare them. Not everyone does.

Remember you asked how that was relevant to the discussion?

Now you know.

Right, you said you don't declare ANY of them. But, Biden does declare them. And your argument is that he dosen't disclose ALL of them. And I'm asking you why doesn't he declare all of his contributions, not just some of them?

Right, you said you don't declare ANY of them. But, Biden does declare them. And your argument is that he dosen't disclose ALL of them. And I'm asking you why doesn't he declare all of his contributions, not just some of them?
Because he's a liberal, and he likes paying taxes? :whoknows:

Archived