Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glad some of you aren't on the team

MonkfortheHall

I expected to read how we played a poor game today, but I was a little surprised to read how we, the fans, throw players under the bus so readily. Our job as fans is to support the players.

I was listening to player interviews. Not ONE player used the pronoun "he" or called out an individual. They are a cohesive unit, both offense and defense. They all said "we" need to improve. Marcus Washington struck me the most when he was commenting on the fumbles and said that is an area "we" need to work on. The defense had nothing to do with the Redskins turnovers, but they all accept responsibility because they are a team.

We, the fans, need to learn something from the players and support them a little better. This team has made the past month an absolute joy to be a Skins fan. Beating Dallas and Philly all while everyone doubted them. I think I can excuse one bad game.

I know we played badly today, but let's look on the bright side and keep it positive.

We want the Browns!!

Hail!

Well when I start getting paid to attend the games instead of having to pay to get into them, I will heed your insane advice. Since when does being a fan prohibit you from being able to criticize your team?

I expected to read how we played a poor game today, but I was a little surprised to read how we, the fans, throw players under the bus so readily. Our job as fans is to support the players.

I was listening to player interviews. Not ONE player used the pronoun "he" or called out an individual. They are a cohesive unit, both offense and defense. They all said "we" need to improve. Marcus Washington struck me the most when he was commenting on the fumbles and said that is an area "we" need to work on. The defense had nothing to do with the Redskins turnovers, but they all accept responsibility because they are a team.

We, the fans, need to learn something from the players and support them a little better. This team has made the past month an absolute joy to be a Skins fan. Beating Dallas and Philly all while everyone doubted them. I think I can excuse one bad game.

I know we played badly today, but let's look on the bright side and keep it positive.

We want the Browns!!

Hail!

Well, I think it's insane to read about getting rid of Pete because he made a bad choice today. Let's just forget about the huge holes he and Samuels have been opening on the left side.

Some members are just a little fickle for my liking. Either the Skins are great and we are heading to the Super Bowl or we are terrible and need to get rid of anyone who makes a miscue.

And I have been around ES for years. Just haven't posted much.

I'm glad you're not on the team. You'd probably be telling them that the Browns suck and the game will be an easy win.

I echo your sentiments. These guys are paid professionals who are paid a ton of money to win games! For the past decade or more the Skin fans have loyal stood by their sub-par team, coaching carousel, front office circus and threatrics by Dan ...

We need players who want to play, and more importantly win! :doh:

It's the usual vent after the game. Had to admit I was among the guys calling players and coaches out after losses last year. But this I am taking a different way of dealing with a lost. For now on I will wait a hour or two before logging on to ES.

In restropective, I remember wanting to bench and let Sean Taylor go after a personal foul penalty during a lost to the Vikings couple of years ago. Now I wish he was still among us.

Well, I think it's insane to read about getting rid of Pete because he made a bad choice today. Let's just forget about the huge holes he and Samuels have been opening on the left side.

Some members are just a little fickle for my liking. Either the Skins are great and we are heading to the Super Bowl or we are terrible and need to get rid of anyone who makes a miscue.

And I have been around ES for years. Just haven't posted much.

I agree. He made a bonehead play. No reason to get rid of him.

I echo your sentiments. These guys are paid professionals who are paid a ton of money to win games! For the past decade or more the Skin fans have loyal stood by their sub-par team, coaching carousel, front office circus and threatrics by Dan ...

We need players who want to play, and more importantly win! :doh:

:applause:

Here's a concept... Players only get paid if they win. ;)

j/k....

When a team gets beat at home by such a poor opponent, and wastes a dominating running effort by lackadaisical effort and desire to beat such an opponent, they deserve to hear about what a crappy job they did.

It doesn't mean that I don't support them. It doesn't mean I won't be screaming my lungs out for them to win next week.

It simply means that I could not accept the teams' performance and effort as deserving of my accolades or understanding.

Bottom line, they got owned because they didn't want to win more than the Rams did, and their heads and hearts (with few exceptions) were not in the game.

and they do this type of crap to us and themselves every freaking year since the end of Gibbs 1.

This team can't handle the spotlight, they can't handle the attention the media and fans give them. The skins are a good team, but they need to understand that they need to show up in every game.

Zorn needs to be harder on the guys. They can't stay focused without someone telling them they stink or that they can't do it.

I agree with OP - the knuckle heads on this thread are doing the same thing they make fun of fans on other team forums for doing.

Our Defense was amazing. They gave up only FG's- they blew it on one big play at a bad time- it happens. The rams offensive players get payed Millions too.

We lost because the offense caught the turnover bug- plain and simple. To lose by just a point to anyone after giving it away 3 or 4 times shows that we have a team that keeps fighting. Critical mistakes are a part of football- when you get hit with a bunch in one game it is hard to win. We lost 4 or 5 games last year just because we turned it over like crazy, I couldn't believe we had done so well before this sunday in not turning it over.

It wasn't our gameplan, it wasn't our defense, it was mistakes that happen. The only thing the skins can do is work harder at that and try to make them happen LESS often.

--Although our Special teams was not spectacular this week.

Good Game Rams--- and kick some *** against dallas next week.

I agree with OP - the knuckle heads on this thread are doing the same thing they make fun of fans on other team forums for doing.

Our Defense was amazing. They gave up only FG's- they blew it on one big play at a bad time- it happens. The rams offensive players get payed Millions too.

We lost because the offense caught the turnover bug- plain and simple. To lose by just a point to anyone after giving it away 3 or 4 times shows that we have a team that keeps fighting. Critical mistakes are a part of football- when you get hit with a bunch in one game it is hard to win. We lost 4 or 5 games last year just because we turned it over like crazy, I couldn't believe we had done so well before this sunday in not turning it over.

It wasn't our gameplan, it wasn't our defense, it was mistakes that happen. The only thing the skins can do is work harder at that and try to make them happen LESS often.

--Although our Special teams was not spectacular this week.

Good Game Rams--- and kick some *** against dallas next week.

I agree with you except, that last play the defense didnt blow anything. It sux, but that ball should never have been caught. Bulgers pass was clearly underthrown to a receiver who was covered well. The receiver made a great effort to come back to it with a diving catch. Had that ball ended up where Bulger intended, I doubt very seriously it would have been completed because we had good coverage on the play. Anyway, its over now. You cant expect to win when you turn the ball over like we did today, even against a bad team like St. Louis.

I have no problem with what the OP said. I'll always support anyone that wears our colors. I supported Brandon Lloyd, Archuleta, Westbrook, Reggie Brooks, and countless others who have ever worn our jersey. The simple fact is that I want to win every game we play, regardless of who is on the roster. If those players are on the field, then by god I'm rooting them on. You'll never hear me throw anyone under the bus, even players who came in and seemingly robbed us of millions of dollars (Sanders, Smith, etc). As long as they're in the B&G, I'm behind them. For the rest of you guys who have a differing view of this, go ahead and do what you do. I don't think its right or wrong, just different. I could care less what other fans of the team think. It doesn't change the way I feel about the team one bit. That's my piece.

Archived