Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Cheering against complacency

Art

This is where the fans come in.

After years of average or worse play, complacency is the least of our concerns. We’re rabidly in need of a winner. We weren’t able to cheer the team on against Dallas and Philly because those games were in Dallas and in Philly.

The Rams game now lines up as a classic example of a trap game for a team coming off an emotional high and falling a little flat.

For the players.

For the fans, the Rams game lines up as our chance to thank the team for winning in Dallas and in Philly. One of the last players off the field in Philadelphia was Chris Samuels. As he came through the tunnel he shouted up to the stands, "It ain’t too late to be a Redskins fan."

It’s also not too late to cheer for their last two victories this weekend. The Rams will face a crowd as enthused and appreciative as any FedExField crowd since that wonderful destruction given to the Cowboys in 2005. When a fan refers to his favorite football team using "we" or "us" it is a sign of our conviction that games like this is when we are a part of the team’s success.

Human nature may dictate that the players take a deep breath this week against a team the whole world expects it to beat.

Human nature for a Redskins fan dictates we use every bit of our breath to feed our emotion and enthusiasm into this team.

Because they’ve earned it.

In case they need it.

So WE can win.

GAMEDAY! I'm on my way out to FedEx to do my part in making it the loudest, most raucous game in FedEx history.

LET'S GO SKINS!

:ramsuck::ramsuck::ramsuck:

:point2sky

Archived