Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fear mongering by the Dems AND Reps this time

SkinsNumberOne

How pathetic. Dems complain about 9/11 fear mongering by Reps, which I tend to agree with, but now both sides were engaging in fear mongering to get the bailout bill passed.

The stock market adjusts fairly quickly to existing conditions, so it had already reacted to banking failures. All of the talk and "action" by our idiots in power has caused the latest wall street collapse, and the larger uncertainty introduced by them is causing the ridiculous uncertainty now. I'll be honest, I went into the market about a month ago, and I now feel kind of robbed by our idiots in power. I'm not worried, I don't think a month ago was bottom given their action, but I still think in the long run I'll make money. Still, though, I just don't like unnecessary meddling in what is supposed to be a free market economy. I might as well invest in China the way this is going. The market hates the uncertainty introduced by the government, and hates the fact that they've scared everyone.

Anyway, if you're interested, here is an article on it. I subscribe to the free version of this series. I wonder if anyone here knows anything about this guy "Mike Swanson" - some of his articles are insightful, I've felt.

http://www.wallstreetwindow.com/content/node/8177

(Although in general, such articles to me fit into a category of sheep following someone - he's the one most benefiting by having a community of people working with him - so I don't tend to listen directly to his investment advice much, but his articles have some interesting content sometimes)

You're all over the place. You're angry at congress for doing something and you're angry that they meddle.

I don't blame you for being angry in general, because it seems you invested your money at the absolute worst time. But it seems to me the blame here is a three way street between Congress, the people who ran the companies that are now begging for bail outs, and the people who took loans they couldn't afford.

You must be undecided. Just pick a candidate and you'll see that side doesn't do anything of the sort.

It's simple. Support Obama, The right is unfair and cruel. Support McCain, Obama becomes an America hating , overachiever.

That is all you have to do, just drink up the rhetoric from one side. It's easy, everybody is doing it.

You're all over the place. You're angry at congress for doing something and you're angry that they meddle.

I must be missing something on how this is "all over the place."

"Meddling" is "doing something" with a free market.

I'm not saying that "I" know that doing nothing would have been the definite right move. I don't presume to have absolute knowledge. I do think the tactics to get legislation passed that was previously very disliked by the people were crude to say the least - and reminiscent of some of the post 9/11 moves that many Dems complain about.

I think that this legislation, in its current form, was a mistake. It's my opinion. Don't mistake my mentioning of my investment (and knowing the risks, I didn't invest anything I wasn't willing to lose) which I still think in the long-term will be fine (you have no idea what I invested in, how much, or anything else, so be sure you don't make assumptions).

I'm not convinced that any legislation was necessary right now, but with oncoming elections and the absolute desire for our representatives not to do what's right for the people but to maintain their positions, they wanted to wrap things up and get on the campaign trail with a supposed feather in their caps.

Archived