Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Zorn a "player's coach" or a tough coach?

Taylor4Life

The Zornmaster rejects the false simplicity of dualistic thinking.

This was a concern of mine when I posted this thread. I thought that by using the word "lean" that it would have been clear that I wasn't attempting to paint this as a black and white issue.

We use spectrums in order to analyze people all of the time(i.e., politics). Right or wrong, that's just human nature.

I think one good thing to add to this discussion is the fact that, thanks in part to Gibbs, we don't have any selfish "Ocho Cinco" types that cause problems in the locker room. I think that when you have those types, it is probably necessary to kick some ass in order to maintain discipline. Right now, Zorn doesn't have to do that.

I agree with the consensus here that he is a conglomeration of both. I really like what he is accomplishing with this team and I like his style. I also believe he has what it takes to be awarded "Coach Of The Year" sooner or later.

Zorn seems to be a coach who finds balance....remember he is still feeling out his position as HC as much as we are....because of that he seems to be a player's coach because he relates to them and they love him (already), but when he needs to be tough he is. For example, when Brooks did the "so-called iced his own kicker" incident Zorn was rightfully angry and yelled at him. There is nothing wrong with it and we haven't seen Brooks **** up any more holds have we? Someone said on here already that Zorn is a tough, player's coach and I think accurately describes his style of coaching so far.

Zorn is a nice mixture of both. He can definitely identify with the players and communicate well with them having been a player himself, but he's also absolutely intense and the players feel accountable to him. It's been an excellent combination so far.

I think he is first and foremost a tough coach.

He looks to us like a players coach because he listens to his players and is flexible to accomodate their suggestions and observations, and has that whole West Coast air about him. I will be you dollars to donuts that he flat out tells it like it is and is tough enough that he doesn't have to beat his players with a stick constantly, or remind them that it is his team.

Archived