Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Code, for you......

Art

CNN has a link in it's main box that reads:

"Life after war: Iraqi humanitarian crisis improving."

Interestingly this is not what the headline to the article reads. The actual article headline is Iraqi humanitarian situation improving. Also, within the text of the article it speaks to how a crisis hasn't happened.

I've been a little busy and haven't had a chance to watch for left-wing bias in the media, but since I happened to be on and saw that, I figured I'd mention it.

Oh, and since I'm here, I'll mention one from Reuters earlier in the week. After Abu Abbas was captured and detained, Reuters ran with a story out of the Palestinian Authority that demaned he be released because of an interim peace agreement signed in 1995 that says Palestinians can't be detained or put on trial for acts committed prior to the Oslo accords in 1993. The article went on to say that the United States officially signed on to the agreement.

In fact, the U.S. did sign on. As did the EU, Russia, Norway, Jordan and Egypt. Only not as bound parties. Rather as a witness to the agreement. This fact escaped Reuters. CNN though dutifully did it's job. Teasing a story later that night with Abbas' picture, "Should there be a statute of limitations on the crimes of a terrorist."

The story after the break showed the Palestinian Authority spokesman saying he couldn't be detained because of the agreement. CNN then pointed out that "the U.S. says it's not bound by the terms of the agreement." In fact, the U.S. didn't just say it. It's absolutely true. It's not open to intrepretation whatsoever. It's a matter of fact and by giving air time to the Palestinian while leaving open that the U.S. thinks it doesn't have to it suggests, by omission, that the U.S. only says it's not bound rather than factually speaking it's not bound because it wasn't a signatory of the agreement between Israel and Palestine.

Of course, both Reuters and CNN didn't bother to mention that Abbas was ALREADY TRIED AND CONVICTED of his crime so perhaps even if the whole world was bound by the agreement, HE could still be detained. I'll try to keep a closer eye out for you :).

Archived